Google+

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mayo Curry Stir-Fried Diced Potatoes and Sausages

My darling loves curry flavor and so does the most Japanese kids ;) Mayonnaise makes the dish mild and rich! Potatoes and sausages in my fridge perfectly matched this flavor and became heavenly delicious!!!

This recipe was published in a food magazine called Lettuce Club (3/25/2011 issue).

---------------------------------
Mayo Curry Stir-Fried Diced Potatoes and Sausages

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 10min
Number of servings: 1-2

Ingredients:
100g (3.6oz.) sausage
100g (3.6oz.) potato
60g (2.4oz.) onion
40g (1.5oz.) carrot
1/2 clove garlic
A
* 1/2 tsp. curry powder
* 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
* salt and cracked black pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
parsley flakes

Directions:
1. Finely chop garlic. Dice sausage and onion. Dice potato and carrot and microwave on medium (500W) for 3 minutes (makes root vegetables stir-fry faster).
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry chopped garlic till fragrant. Add sausage and onion and stir-fry on medium until onion softens. Add potato and carrot (1.) and cook over high heat until golden brown.
3. Quickly season with A, spoon onto serving plate, and sprinkle with parsley flakes.

My original recipe in Japanese is here.
---------------------------------


Enjoy!!!

♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron

♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/

♥Follow me on twitter♥
http://twitter.com/ochikeron (English)
http://twitter.com/alohaforever (Japanese)

♥My Cookbook♥

8 comments:

  1. i'm glad u translated this recipe! i'll love to try it out, but i dont have mayo. N the jap curry that i have isnt powder form, it's the type that'll dissolve when placed in hot water :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mica,

    Japanese mayo and curry powder are better (to get Japanese taste) but you can basically substitute them with any kind available. But yes, like you say, curry is in powder form. I hope you can find it.

    I just wanted to give you an idea, so try anytime when you have everything ready ;) I know there are many dishes you want to try every day and so do I! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sooo going to try this, looks soo yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Choiii!!!

    I'm glad to hear that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like something my hunni would love to eat, minus the potatoes, he hates them! Im not sure why but before I met him he didn't even eat potato chips or french fries from macdonalds!!! but he loves sausages and meat LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ochi! I meant to try this for so long since seeing it here and did it today : I used normal mayo (my jap mayo have expired so I binned it today) and used bacon instd of sausage. I undercook my root vege too but boy, it still tasted good. Haha! Thanks for your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi suki,‬

    ‪Your hun hates potatoes?!‬
    ‪I really want to know why, because I never met someone who hates potatoes. hahaha‬
    Did he eat bitter one in the past?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tsu Lin,

    Thanks!!! I'm glad to know it came out good for you :D Bacon sounds yummy!!! Thanks a lot for the feedback!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days