Christmas is coming, so I will show you my pretty bling-bling Christmas Sushi!
It was awarded at Seafood Cooking Contest, and I met Yukio Hattori (who is a president of Hattori Nutrition College and best known as an expert commentator on the Japanese television show Iron Chef) - he was the chairman of the awards committee!!!
Sorry for the imperfect avocado…
Number of servings: 4 Christmas trees
300g (10.5oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2 tbsp Sushisu (seasoning for sushi rice)
100g (3.5oz.) chopped toro (tuna belly) *you can chop tuna using a sharp knife until almost paste-like
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 nori sheet
4 Shiso (perilla)
chopped green onion (or asatsuki)
ikura (salmon roe)
4 star-shaped cheese *make with processed cheese
wasabi (Japanese Horseradish Paste) if desired
pickled Ginger if desired
1. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Sushisu while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains.
2. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add lemon juice (to prevent browning) and mash some more.
3. Make 4 round and flat rice balls with sushi rice.
4. Place chopped toro on top of the rice ball and make circular cone shape.
5. Spread avocado paste and cover the surface.
6. Wrap a strip of nori sheet at the base of the tree and decorate it with green onion, ikura, and mayonnaise. Place the tree on Shiso and place the star on top of the tree.
7. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger. Pour some soy sauce over the tree and eat ;D
I know those who are subscribed to my channel already saw this but I am posting this for my blogger friends ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
I am very happy to hear the news that Washoku (Japanese traditional cuisine) is registered on the UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Sc...
12/9 is my birthday :) We are both busy on Mondays, so my darling took me out for a birthday dinner on Saturday♥ He was so kind that he ...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
When I made Hot Cake (Japanese Pancake), I received many requests for the recipe from scratch, so here is the recipe. http://www.youtube....
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
A cute Korean song by Hari (하리)! This video is not related to cooking, so it is unlisted (those who know the link can watch). hehe 韓国やタイ...
鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆小月餅 Green Bean Cake @ 犁記餅店 リージービンディェン (Taipei Leechi) 鳳梨酥 Pineapple Cakes and 緑豆沙 Green Bean Cake @ 李製餅家 リーズー...
The "A Day with Google" event is designed to show how Google can be an intelligent personal assistant, making everyday life simple...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Low-fat high-protein dish. Perfect after exercise or while on a diet! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgMIFDuZJSA If you follow my Fac...