Christmas is coming, so I will show you my pretty bling-bling Christmas Sushi!
It was awarded at Seafood Cooking Contest, and I met Yukio Hattori (who is a president of Hattori Nutrition College and best known as an expert commentator on the Japanese television show Iron Chef) - he was the chairman of the awards committee!!!
Sorry for the imperfect avocado…
Number of servings: 4 Christmas trees
300g (10.5oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2 tbsp Sushisu (seasoning for sushi rice)
100g (3.5oz.) chopped toro (tuna belly) *you can chop tuna using a sharp knife until almost paste-like
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 nori sheet
4 Shiso (perilla)
chopped green onion (or asatsuki)
ikura (salmon roe)
4 star-shaped cheese *make with processed cheese
wasabi (Japanese Horseradish Paste) if desired
pickled Ginger if desired
1. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Sushisu while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains.
2. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add lemon juice (to prevent browning) and mash some more.
3. Make 4 round and flat rice balls with sushi rice.
4. Place chopped toro on top of the rice ball and make circular cone shape.
5. Spread avocado paste and cover the surface.
6. Wrap a strip of nori sheet at the base of the tree and decorate it with green onion, ikura, and mayonnaise. Place the tree on Shiso and place the star on top of the tree.
7. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger. Pour some soy sauce over the tree and eat ;D
I know those who are subscribed to my channel already saw this but I am posting this for my blogger friends ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Kasutera (Castella) is a very popular Japanese sponge cake made from a few ingredients. It is a very typical Oyatsu (snack) in Japan :) ...
I receive many questions regarding the Cake Flour I use, so here is the answer! Cake Flour, we call 薄力粉 (Hakurikiko), is soft (weak) wheat...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
How to Make Quick and Easy Kabocha Squash Potage (Japanese Pumpkin Soup) for Halloween - Video RecipeThis soup is made with Kabocha (Japanese squash) with skin! Kabocha skin contains a lot of vitamins, so why don't you eat it :) https...
Super quick, healthy, and refreshing Takikomi Gohan (flavored rice dish) using Ajipon (Ponzu sauce)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-S...
Matsutake Gohan (pine mushroom rice) is a very simple rice dish to enjoy the flavor of Matsutake mushrooms! I saw on TV that you can creat...
Takoyaki dessert using Mini Yukimi Daifuku (Mochi ice cream). Perfect for parties and April fool's day as well ;) https://www.youtub...
Super quick and healthy recipe using unflavored canned boiled mackerel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotsz4A94vA Ginger removes the ...
If you make ham and eggs in a Microwave (if you know the exact minutes you want to cook), you can make perfect ham and eggs without fail (bu...
Curry spiced cream corn brings up the flavor of the fillings. Very healthy and mild with less salt :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9...