Christmas is coming, so I will show you my pretty bling-bling Christmas Sushi!
It was awarded at Seafood Cooking Contest, and I met Yukio Hattori (who is a president of Hattori Nutrition College and best known as an expert commentator on the Japanese television show Iron Chef) - he was the chairman of the awards committee!!!
Sorry for the imperfect avocado…
Number of servings: 4 Christmas trees
300g (10.5oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2 tbsp Sushisu (seasoning for sushi rice)
100g (3.5oz.) chopped toro (tuna belly) *you can chop tuna using a sharp knife until almost paste-like
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 nori sheet
4 Shiso (perilla)
chopped green onion (or asatsuki)
ikura (salmon roe)
4 star-shaped cheese *make with processed cheese
wasabi (Japanese Horseradish Paste) if desired
pickled Ginger if desired
1. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Sushisu while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains.
2. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add lemon juice (to prevent browning) and mash some more.
3. Make 4 round and flat rice balls with sushi rice.
4. Place chopped toro on top of the rice ball and make circular cone shape.
5. Spread avocado paste and cover the surface.
6. Wrap a strip of nori sheet at the base of the tree and decorate it with green onion, ikura, and mayonnaise. Place the tree on Shiso and place the star on top of the tree.
7. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger. Pour some soy sauce over the tree and eat ;D
I know those who are subscribed to my channel already saw this but I am posting this for my blogger friends ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Taiyaki is a very popular Japanese fish-shaped cake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFsQE0qd_4w My friend Kym designed those tees for m...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...
Last time , 2 days were not enough to enjoy Hakone, so we decided to stay 3 days this time :) Of course, we bought Hakone Freepass valid fo...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
This is the 21st hula dancing video :D Lei Pikake (jasmine flower lei) stands for your loved one. I could finally make this post since...
How to Make Ujikintoki (Uji Matcha Kakigori: Shaved Ice with Green Tea Syrup from Scratch) - Video RecipeThis recipe was requested by many people. I happened to see this cool Kakigori machine (ice shaving machine) on TV and bought this instantly...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...