Christmas is coming, so I will show you my pretty bling-bling Christmas Sushi!
It was awarded at Seafood Cooking Contest, and I met Yukio Hattori (who is a president of Hattori Nutrition College and best known as an expert commentator on the Japanese television show Iron Chef) - he was the chairman of the awards committee!!!
Sorry for the imperfect avocado…
Number of servings: 4 Christmas trees
300g (10.5oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2 tbsp Sushisu (seasoning for sushi rice)
100g (3.5oz.) chopped toro (tuna belly) *you can chop tuna using a sharp knife until almost paste-like
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 nori sheet
4 Shiso (perilla)
chopped green onion (or asatsuki)
ikura (salmon roe)
4 star-shaped cheese *make with processed cheese
wasabi (Japanese Horseradish Paste) if desired
pickled Ginger if desired
1. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Sushisu while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains.
2. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add lemon juice (to prevent browning) and mash some more.
3. Make 4 round and flat rice balls with sushi rice.
4. Place chopped toro on top of the rice ball and make circular cone shape.
5. Spread avocado paste and cover the surface.
6. Wrap a strip of nori sheet at the base of the tree and decorate it with green onion, ikura, and mayonnaise. Place the tree on Shiso and place the star on top of the tree.
7. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger. Pour some soy sauce over the tree and eat ;D
I know those who are subscribed to my channel already saw this but I am posting this for my blogger friends ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
If you want to bake or deep fry Mochi (rice cake) to make Okaki (rice crackers), you need to dry out Mochi for a few days. However, with thi...
The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popul...
Very Kawaii and great idea for parties ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Avu5pylxI Product I used: Takara TOMY Disney Princess Co...
I wanted to use Mirin (sweet Sake) but I thought non-alcoholic chicken Teriyaki might be good for some people, so I didn't use it ;) Y...
Nasu no Dengaku is grilled Japanese eggplant with sweet miso sauce. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38FbOBgFlNQ You can serve this as an...
Chia Seeds won't look gross and slimy in this way :D They become thick like jam without simmering!!! Please try it out!!! https://ww...
Matsutake Gohan (pine mushroom rice) is a very simple rice dish to enjoy the flavor of Matsutake mushrooms! I saw on TV that you can creat...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Saikyo Yaki is a very popular traditional Japanese grilled fish marinated in Saikyo Miso (sweet white Miso) made in Kyoto. After marinating ...
Nabeyaki Udon is a very popular noodle dish cooked in a clay pot. It is eaten throughout the year, especially in cold season, to warm your b...