Christmas is coming, so I will show you my pretty bling-bling Christmas Sushi!
It was awarded at Seafood Cooking Contest, and I met Yukio Hattori (who is a president of Hattori Nutrition College and best known as an expert commentator on the Japanese television show Iron Chef) - he was the chairman of the awards committee!!!
Sorry for the imperfect avocado…
Number of servings: 4 Christmas trees
300g (10.5oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2 tbsp Sushisu (seasoning for sushi rice)
100g (3.5oz.) chopped toro (tuna belly) *you can chop tuna using a sharp knife until almost paste-like
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 nori sheet
4 Shiso (perilla)
chopped green onion (or asatsuki)
ikura (salmon roe)
4 star-shaped cheese *make with processed cheese
wasabi (Japanese Horseradish Paste) if desired
pickled Ginger if desired
1. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Sushisu while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains.
2. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add lemon juice (to prevent browning) and mash some more.
3. Make 4 round and flat rice balls with sushi rice.
4. Place chopped toro on top of the rice ball and make circular cone shape.
5. Spread avocado paste and cover the surface.
6. Wrap a strip of nori sheet at the base of the tree and decorate it with green onion, ikura, and mayonnaise. Place the tree on Shiso and place the star on top of the tree.
7. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger. Pour some soy sauce over the tree and eat ;D
I know those who are subscribed to my channel already saw this but I am posting this for my blogger friends ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Yaki Onigiri is Grilled Rice Balls. Crispy, smoky and savory on the outside, and soft inside. Perfect item for BBQ!!! http://www.youtu...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
I saw this idea on TV the other day and it was pretty good XD As compared to the regular choux pastry, Aburaage (deep fried tofu) is light ...
If you just bake marshmallows, it will be one-ingredient cookie XD Very crisp like meringue cookies but way easier to make!!! No whipping...
Easy, cute, gorgeous, and delicious idea with a homemade touch ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn8n8G_b3L4 I found cute chocolate tra...
Katsu Sando is Tonkatsu Sandwich and it is another popular Japanese dish! It is great for bentos (lunchbox item) and potluck parties, too! ...
This video will show you how to make bread with a Home Bakery (Bread Machine or Bread Maker): Panasonic SD-BH104 http://www.youtube.com/w...
Soft and chewy with a slightly sweet MILO flavor! Yummy XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMX8RbJ96A It goes great with Anko (sweet Az...
Salted Preserved Lemons are the lemons that have been pickled in salt for about a week or more. They are common in Indian and North Africa...