Last month (2012/1/22), there was a nationwide recipe contest in Japan called レシピの女王 (Queen of Home Cooking). The contest was broadcast on TV in Japan (nationwide) on 2012/2/6! Thanks for those who watched it ;)
Unfortunately, I couldn't go to the next stage but I met Iron Chef Sakai and Chef Chen! They were the judges :D They watched my YouTube video and said I should keep up my work! YouTube was nothing to do with the contest but I appreciate the chance they saw my video. I will do my best.
At the contest, Chef Chen suggested me to season the vegetables, so I modified my recipe!
This dish of course goes great with white rice and perfect for bento :)
ヒルナンデス レシピの女王 一次予選・ステージＡ １月２２日（日）開催 ＯＡ ２月６日（月）
Vegetable Teriyaki Beef Rolls (Korean Style)
Number of servings: 8
8 thin slices of beef
16 frozen green beans
16 strips of Konjac
16 strips of potato
16 strips of carrot
60g (2.2oz.) Kimchi (Korean pickle)
salt and cracked black pepper
* 1 tsp. soy sauce
* 1 tsp. mirin (sweet sake)
* 1 tbsp. sake
* 1 tbsp. mirin (sweet sake)
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. Gochujang (Korean red chili paste)
1. Defrost green beans. Boil Konjac strips for a few seconds to skim the scum. Place potato and carrot strips on a microwavable dish, cover, and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes (500w).
2. Season 1 with A.
3. Mix B well.
4. Place the slices of beef so that the length of it is running flat and vertically towards you. Sprinkle a bit of salt and cracked black pepper, sprinkle starch (onto one side) and place the seasoned vegetable strips (2.) on the end of the beef close to you and start rolling.
5. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan, place the rolls seam side down, cover, and steam on low heat for about 5 minutes. Then flip the rolls so that all sides are cooked equally.
6. Add 3 and cook on high heat until thick and glossy.
Please go to my facebook page and find the link for the episode where I met Iron Chefs ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Vegetable Teriyaki Beef Rolls (Korean Style) Recipe - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...