Slightly sweet and sour flavor is addictive ;)
Chinese Cabbage (or Napa Cabbage) is a tasty low calorie food. We call it Hakusai (白菜) in Japanese. It is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, iron, carotene, etc… especially in the white part of the cabbage. Thus, the broth is rich in nutrients!!!
No wonder, this is the perfect recipe for leftover Chinese cabbage.
Tasty Simmered Pork and Chinese Cabbage Recipe
Number of servings: 2
550g (1.2lb.) Chinese Cabbage
100g (3.5oz.) thinly sliced pork
* 160cc water
* 1/2 consomme cube
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. ketchup
* 2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. starch with 1 tbsp. water
1. Cut out the hard core and separate the leaves and the white parts (stalks). Cut the leaves into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice the white parts (stalks) diagonally into bite-size pieces (we call this diagonal cutting technique "Sogigiri").
2. Cut thinly sliced pork into bite-size pieces.
3. Heat sesame oil in a pan, add pork and stir-fry on medium until pink color is nearly gone (about 1 minute). Add the white parts of cabbage and cook on medium until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes).
4. Then add A, add cabbage leaves, cover, and simmer on low until the cabbage is tender (about 5 minutes).
5. Turn off the heat, add starch with water, heat on medium-high to thicken the broth.
Scroll down the page and see the photos from people who made this recipe ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Have you seen the movie Ponyo (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZffjrTR1M This video will show you how ...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...