Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philipines.
Sweet and sour taste goes great with rice!!!
For sure, many Japanese love this taste and so does my darling :D
Chicken Adobo (Traditional Filipino Recipe)
Number of servings: 12 pieces
12 chicken drumsticks with bone
* 1 clove garlic, sliced
* 2 bay leaves
* 1/2 cup (100ml) soy sauce
* 1/2 cup (100ml) rice vinegar
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 1 (200g=7oz) onion, cut into wedges
* cracked black pepper
1. Remove excess fat from the chicken pieces if desired. Prick the chicken with a fork to let the seasonings penetrate.
2. Combine A in a large pot. Cover and marinate the chicken for 1 hour. *you can use a Ziploc bag and keep in the fridge for more than 1 hour
3. Add 1/2 cup (100ml) water and bring to a boil. Then turn the heat down to low and cover with otoshi buta (drop-lid - you can use aluminum foil) and cook for 30 minutes. *if you can, stir occasionally
4. Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.
5. Serve the chicken with (or over) steamed rice and drizzle with the sauce. *noodles, pasta, bread, or mashed potatoes goes well, too!
My mom's simmered chicken recipe is here :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Have you seen the movie Ponyo (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZffjrTR1M This video will show you how ...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...