Today I will show you an easy and cute curry rice (curry and rice / kare-raisu) idea for Halloween!
I'm sure your kids are gonna love this :)
Halloween Teddy Bear Curry (Hamburger Steak Curry)
Difficulty: Medium with Patience
Number of servings: 6
Calories per serving: 567Kcal
1/2 box = 119g (4.2oz.) House Vermont Curry Sauce Mix (Mild) *we call it "curry roux". you can choose med hot or hot as well.
2 medium (400g=14.1oz.) onions
1 medium (150g=5.3oz.) potato
1/2 medium (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
2 (60g=2.1oz.) green peppers
1 (150g=5.3oz.) red bell pepper
2&1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
250g (8.8oz.) ground beef and pork
2 tbsp. Panko (bread crumbs)
1 tbsp. milk
salt and pepper
((Saffron Rice)) *of course, the curry can be served with plain, unflavored steamed rice.
1 package Curry Partner Saffron Paste
6 servings (1020g=2.3lbs.) cooked rice
3 sliced American cheese
3 nori sheets
1. Mince the onions. Roughly dice the potato and carrot. Cut out 6 triangles from red bell pepper for teddy bear noses. Cut and save 6 strips of green pepper for teddy bear mouths. Roughly dice the rest of the peppers.
1. Put ground beef and pork, salt and pepper, Panko (bread crumbs), and milk in a bowl, and mix well by hand until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
2. Divide it into 12 patties. Heat 1 tbsp. cooking oil in a frying pan and lightly saute the teddy bear noses and mouths, and set aside. Then in the same frying pan, cook the hamburger steaks to desired doneness.
1. Heat 1&1/2 tbsp. cooking oil in a large stew pot. Add onions, potatoes, and carrots, and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
2. Add 850ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. *make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
4. Then add green and red peppers, and put on low heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
1. Place cooked rice in a bowl. Add Curry Partner Saffron Paste while the rice is still hot and slice through it using a rice paddle to separate the grains.
1. Serve curry and a round piece of saffron rice and a round piece of sliced American cheese. Place hamburger steaks centered with round pieces of sliced American cheese to make the ears. Place raisins for eyes, red bell pepper for nose, and green pepper for mouth.
2. For the hat, make a circular cone shape with rice and wrap with 1/2 nor sheet. Then place a strip of sliced American cheese.
*for best results, don't use a lid while cooking.
*curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
*if you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...