I layered nutmeg flavored ground beef & pork and cinnamon flavored Kabocha (Japanese squash). I used holly leaf cookie cutter for Christmas, but you can cut out any shape. This nice pumpkin color is perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving, too!!!
My darling loves this recipe :)
I hope this recipe will give you some ideas for your party menu!!!
Spicy Meat Pumpkin for Christmas & Thanksgiving
Number of servings: 20cm (8inch) pie dish
500g (1.1lb.) Kabocha (Japanese squash)
* 60ml fresh cream
* 1 egg yolk
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
* 1 tsp. honey
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* cracked black pepper
150g (5.3oz.) ground beef and pork mixture
100g (3.5oz.) chopped onion
1 clove chopped garlic
* 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
* 1/3 tsp. salt
* cracked black pepper
1 egg white
grated parmesan cheese
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 3 minutes to make it easier to cut. Cut the Kabocha into large chunks (make sure you can cut out the skin with your cookie cutter later), cover with plastic wrap again, and microwave on medium (500w) for 5 minutes until tender.
2. Carefully scoop out the Kabocha flesh with a spoon. Mash the Kabocha using a fork while it is hot. Then cut out the skin with a holly leaf cookie cutter (or any cookie cutter of your choice).
3. Season the mashed Kabocha with A.
4. Heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a frying pan. Saute the chopped garlic until fragrant. Add the chopped onion and saute on low heat until softened.
5. Add ground beef and pork mixture and cook until no longer pink. Season with B. Turn off the heat and let cool completely. Add egg white and mix well.
6. Preheat the oven to 220C (428F). Pour the meat mixture in the pie dish. Then pour the Kabocha sauce on top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, and some olive oil. Then arrange the holly leaves made of Kabocha skin around the edge of the pie dish.
7. Cook in the oven at 220C (428F) for about 20 minutes until the top is golden.
8. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, and garnish with pink pepper (to resemble holly berries).
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...