I layered nutmeg flavored ground beef & pork and cinnamon flavored Kabocha (Japanese squash). I used holly leaf cookie cutter for Christmas, but you can cut out any shape. This nice pumpkin color is perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving, too!!!
My darling loves this recipe :)
I hope this recipe will give you some ideas for your party menu!!!
Spicy Meat Pumpkin for Christmas & Thanksgiving
Number of servings: 20cm (8inch) pie dish
500g (1.1lb.) Kabocha (Japanese squash)
* 60ml fresh cream
* 1 egg yolk
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
* 1 tsp. honey
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* cracked black pepper
150g (5.3oz.) ground beef and pork mixture
100g (3.5oz.) chopped onion
1 clove chopped garlic
* 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
* 1/3 tsp. salt
* cracked black pepper
1 egg white
grated parmesan cheese
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 3 minutes to make it easier to cut. Cut the Kabocha into large chunks (make sure you can cut out the skin with your cookie cutter later), cover with plastic wrap again, and microwave on medium (500w) for 5 minutes until tender.
2. Carefully scoop out the Kabocha flesh with a spoon. Mash the Kabocha using a fork while it is hot. Then cut out the skin with a holly leaf cookie cutter (or any cookie cutter of your choice).
3. Season the mashed Kabocha with A.
4. Heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a frying pan. Saute the chopped garlic until fragrant. Add the chopped onion and saute on low heat until softened.
5. Add ground beef and pork mixture and cook until no longer pink. Season with B. Turn off the heat and let cool completely. Add egg white and mix well.
6. Preheat the oven to 220C (428F). Pour the meat mixture in the pie dish. Then pour the Kabocha sauce on top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, and some olive oil. Then arrange the holly leaves made of Kabocha skin around the edge of the pie dish.
7. Cook in the oven at 220C (428F) for about 20 minutes until the top is golden.
8. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, and garnish with pink pepper (to resemble holly berries).
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Please Click Below and Vote for me♥
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...