Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings.
Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご).
In this video, I will show you how to make Mitarashi Dango / みたらし団子 (Dango with sweet and savory soy sauce) and An Dango /あん団子 (Dango with red bean paste).
I hope you like them =)
How to Make Dango (Japanese Sweet Dumplings)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 4 (12 Dango)
100g (3.5oz.) Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour)
150g (5.3oz.) Kinugoshi-dofu (silken Tofu)
1 tsp. sugar
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory soy sauce))
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. Katakuriko (potato starch)
((Anko - red bean paste))
Tsubu-an (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins)
1. Put Shiratamako, sugar and lightly drained Kinugoshi-dofu in a bowl and knead the dough with your hand until smooth. Adjust the texture by adding more Shiratamako or water until the dough turns as soft as your earlobe.
2. Divide the dough into 12 small pieces and roll into small balls.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently drop the Dango in the boiling water. After a few minutes, Dango will float to the surface. Boil for another 1-2 minutes. Then remove from the boiling water and transfer into cold water. After a minute, drain well.
4. Put 3 Dango on bamboo skewers. Pan fry the Dango on a teflon pan (or a lightly oiled pan) until sides are nice and brown.
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory sauce))
1. Put all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Put on low heat, stir constantly, and cook until sauce thickens.
2. Place Dango on a plate and coat with the sauce.
((Anko - red bean paste))
1. Put Anko on top of Dango if you like.
Best eaten while they are still warm :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to my ...
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Croquette is a parcel of food such as minced meat or vegetables, shaped into a cylinder or circle, encased in breadcrumbs and deep fried. My...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
I receive many questions regarding the Cake Flour I use, so here is the answer! Cake Flour, we call 薄力粉 (Hakurikiko), is soft (weak) wheat...
Fujiya Country Ma'am Chocolate Chip Cookies are very popular soft and chewy cookies in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewoSIL...
This video will show you how to make Vegetable Yaki Gyoza (fried dumplings)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUzBV6K8II Very healthy i...