Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings.
Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご).
In this video, I will show you how to make Mitarashi Dango / みたらし団子 (Dango with sweet and savory soy sauce) and An Dango /あん団子 (Dango with red bean paste).
I hope you like them =)
How to Make Dango (Japanese Sweet Dumplings)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 4 (12 Dango)
100g (3.5oz.) Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour)
150g (5.3oz.) Kinugoshi-dofu (silken Tofu)
1 tsp. sugar
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory soy sauce))
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. Katakuriko (potato starch)
((Anko - red bean paste))
Tsubu-an (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins)
1. Put Shiratamako, sugar and lightly drained Kinugoshi-dofu in a bowl and knead the dough with your hand until smooth. Adjust the texture by adding more Shiratamako or water until the dough turns as soft as your earlobe.
2. Divide the dough into 12 small pieces and roll into small balls.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently drop the Dango in the boiling water. After a few minutes, Dango will float to the surface. Boil for another 1-2 minutes. Then remove from the boiling water and transfer into cold water. After a minute, drain well.
4. Put 3 Dango on bamboo skewers. Pan fry the Dango on a teflon pan (or a lightly oiled pan) until sides are nice and brown.
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory sauce))
1. Put all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Put on low heat, stir constantly, and cook until sauce thickens.
2. Place Dango on a plate and coat with the sauce.
((Anko - red bean paste))
1. Put Anko on top of Dango if you like.
Best eaten while they are still warm :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
This rice roll shaker can help you make a perfect roll in a minute! Perfect for those who are not good at making Sushi rolls ;) True revie...
Onigirazu is a new type of Onigiri (rice ball) becoming very popular in Japan recently in 2015. Unlike Onigiri (rice ball), Onigirazu can ...
Thick leftover curry is perfect for Karē Pan filling! I recommend this Keema Curry :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFXP8eIESv8 Plea...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Creamy and smooth Purin (Pudding) recipe :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOnxJ3nKvRE You can use a mug to make this, too! Package...
Simple and Yummy!!! I received many requests for this recipe. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfVBJ7YKiU Don't forget to top...
Monjayaki is a local dish of Tokyo. It is a type of Japanese pan-fried batter with various ingredients. Ingredients are similar to Okonomi...
Kawaii (cute) chocolate gift idea for Valentine's Day!!! You can use any other animal chocolate mold to make this ;) https://www.you...
This video will show you how to make Vegetable Yaki Gyoza (fried dumplings)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUzBV6K8II Very healthy i...