Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings.
Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご).
In this video, I will show you how to make Mitarashi Dango / みたらし団子 (Dango with sweet and savory soy sauce) and An Dango /あん団子 (Dango with red bean paste).
I hope you like them =)
How to Make Dango (Japanese Sweet Dumplings)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 4 (12 Dango)
100g (3.5oz.) Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour)
150g (5.3oz.) Kinugoshi-dofu (silken Tofu)
1 tsp. sugar
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory soy sauce))
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. Katakuriko (potato starch)
((Anko - red bean paste))
Tsubu-an (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins)
1. Put Shiratamako, sugar and lightly drained Kinugoshi-dofu in a bowl and knead the dough with your hand until smooth. Adjust the texture by adding more Shiratamako or water until the dough turns as soft as your earlobe.
2. Divide the dough into 12 small pieces and roll into small balls.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently drop the Dango in the boiling water. After a few minutes, Dango will float to the surface. Boil for another 1-2 minutes. Then remove from the boiling water and transfer into cold water. After a minute, drain well.
4. Put 3 Dango on bamboo skewers. Pan fry the Dango on a teflon pan (or a lightly oiled pan) until sides are nice and brown.
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory sauce))
1. Put all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Put on low heat, stir constantly, and cook until sauce thickens.
2. Place Dango on a plate and coat with the sauce.
((Anko - red bean paste))
1. Put Anko on top of Dango if you like.
Best eaten while they are still warm :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popul...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Please follow my Instagram!!! I share pics out of habit ;) Please find "ochikeron" at Instagram ;) http://instagram.com/och...
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
This set of 4 cute tofu stamps is a very popular item sold at DAISO (100yen shop in Japan). It can get sold out quite soon, so if you happen...
I made Takoyaki dessert using Mini Yukimi Daifuku :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOtgdANjoMU Yukimi Daifuku is mochi ice cream manuf...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
Fujiya Country Ma'am Chocolate Chip Cookies are very popular soft and chewy cookies in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewoSIL...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...