Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings.
Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご).
In this video, I will show you how to make Mitarashi Dango / みたらし団子 (Dango with sweet and savory soy sauce) and An Dango /あん団子 (Dango with red bean paste).
I hope you like them =)
How to Make Dango (Japanese Sweet Dumplings)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 4 (12 Dango)
100g (3.5oz.) Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour)
150g (5.3oz.) Kinugoshi-dofu (silken Tofu)
1 tsp. sugar
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory soy sauce))
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. Katakuriko (potato starch)
((Anko - red bean paste))
Tsubu-an (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins)
1. Put Shiratamako, sugar and lightly drained Kinugoshi-dofu in a bowl and knead the dough with your hand until smooth. Adjust the texture by adding more Shiratamako or water until the dough turns as soft as your earlobe.
2. Divide the dough into 12 small pieces and roll into small balls.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently drop the Dango in the boiling water. After a few minutes, Dango will float to the surface. Boil for another 1-2 minutes. Then remove from the boiling water and transfer into cold water. After a minute, drain well.
4. Put 3 Dango on bamboo skewers. Pan fry the Dango on a teflon pan (or a lightly oiled pan) until sides are nice and brown.
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory sauce))
1. Put all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Put on low heat, stir constantly, and cook until sauce thickens.
2. Place Dango on a plate and coat with the sauce.
((Anko - red bean paste))
1. Put Anko on top of Dango if you like.
Best eaten while they are still warm :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Hayashi Rice (also called Hashed Beef) is a very popular Western-style rice dish in Japan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkG1ThrfdTw Y...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Baumkuchen is a kind of layered cake invented in Germany. It is a very popular cake in Japan. The most popular wedding favor, too! http:...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...
A cute Korean song by Hari (하리)! This video is not related to cooking, so it is unlisted (those who know the link can watch). hehe 韓国やタイ...