Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings.
Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご).
In this video, I will show you how to make Mitarashi Dango / みたらし団子 (Dango with sweet and savory soy sauce) and An Dango /あん団子 (Dango with red bean paste).
I hope you like them =)
How to Make Dango (Japanese Sweet Dumplings)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 4 (12 Dango)
100g (3.5oz.) Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour)
150g (5.3oz.) Kinugoshi-dofu (silken Tofu)
1 tsp. sugar
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory soy sauce))
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. Katakuriko (potato starch)
((Anko - red bean paste))
Tsubu-an (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins)
1. Put Shiratamako, sugar and lightly drained Kinugoshi-dofu in a bowl and knead the dough with your hand until smooth. Adjust the texture by adding more Shiratamako or water until the dough turns as soft as your earlobe.
2. Divide the dough into 12 small pieces and roll into small balls.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently drop the Dango in the boiling water. After a few minutes, Dango will float to the surface. Boil for another 1-2 minutes. Then remove from the boiling water and transfer into cold water. After a minute, drain well.
4. Put 3 Dango on bamboo skewers. Pan fry the Dango on a teflon pan (or a lightly oiled pan) until sides are nice and brown.
((Mitarashi Sauce - sweet and savory sauce))
1. Put all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Put on low heat, stir constantly, and cook until sauce thickens.
2. Place Dango on a plate and coat with the sauce.
((Anko - red bean paste))
1. Put Anko on top of Dango if you like.
Best eaten while they are still warm :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Ramen Eggs, also called Nitamago, Ajitama, or Ajitsuke-tamago, are savory soft-boiled eggs with creamy runny egg yolk, known as Ramen toppin...
Perfect for those who want to eat both Yakiniku and Gyoza ;) One of my Easy Lifesaver recipe!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIXkgmfHw...
Matsutake Gohan is a very simple rice dish to enjoy the flavor of Matsutake mushrooms! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbxEjX3mVXk Mats...
I met a girl from Malaysia and heard that MILO is so popular in Malaysia that most people drink it every morning!!! She gave me MILO and a...
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to m...
Instead of using Marron cream, I used sweet potato. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-jM6A5dKi4 Budget-friendly large group dessert rec...
After watching cookingwithdog's Hoto Noodles , I was inspired to make a miso soup with Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin/Squash) and Somen noodl...
Stuffed green pepper is called "ピーマンの肉詰め: Piiman no Nikuzume" in Japanese and it is a very popular Japanese home-cooked dish! h...
Very easy and cute Halloween recipe idea even kids can help to make them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmO97CDToQ Temari-Zushi (ball...
Spiced pumpkin pie is perfect for Halloween as well as the Thanksgiving!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zce3txPISgg Very simple recip...