I know Prawn/Shrimp are pretty cheap in some countries. Then, double or triple this recipe!!! You will love this. hehe
You can also enjoy Ebi Katsu like you enjoy Tonkatsu (Pork Cutlet).
How to Make Tonkatsu (Pork Cutlet)
How to Make Katsu Curry (Curry and Rice with Pork Cutlet)
How to Make Katsu Sando (Pork Cutlet Sandwiches)
How to Make Katsudon
How to Make Ebi Katsu (Prawn/Shrimp Cutlet)
Number of servings: 4 cutlets
12-14 black tiger shrimp
Sake, salt and cracked black pepper
* 1/2 egg
* 2 tbsp. flour
Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for frying
lemon wedge if you like
B Tartar Sauce
* 1 chopped hard-boiled egg
* 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
* 2 tbsp. chopped onion
* 1 tbsp. chopped dill pickle
* salt and pepper
C Aurora Sauce
* 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
* 1 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tsp. whole-grain mustard
* cracked black pepper
1. Wash, peel and devein the shrimp (remove the tails), and season with sake, salt, and cracked black pepper. (If you think your shrimp smell bad, you can rub some starch and salt into the peeled shrimp, then rinse.)
2. Cut the shrimp in half, divide them into 4 piles, then shape them into patties.
3. Mix A, dip 2 in A, then coat with Panko.
4. Fry them in oil at 170C (340F) for 4-5 minutes until cooked golden brown. (Turn them over to cook evenly.) Remove the Ebi Katsu from the oil and drain.
5. Mix B to make Tartar Sauce. Mix C to make Aurora Sauce. Serve the Ebi Katsu with shredded cabbage, the sauces, and a lemon wedge if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥