Soft and chewy with a slightly sweet MILO flavor! Yummy XD
It goes great with Anko (sweet Azuki red bean paste)!!!
Also ham and cheese surprisingly match well. hehe
How to Make MILO Bagels
Number of servings: 2
180g (6.4oz.) bread flour
50g (1.8oz.) Nestle MILO
1/2 tsp. dry yeast
1/4 tsp. salt
120ml warm water
1. Place bread flour, MILO, dry yeast in a large bowl. Add warm water (38C-40C=100F-104F) and roughly mix the ingredients. Then add salt and knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is uniform and smooth. (You can knead the dough on the counter. Salt controls the rising, so it is better added later. If your dough is too soft, add little more flour. But it is better soft than stiff to get them incorporated. Adding water later won't mix well…)
2. Divide the dough into 2 portions and shape into balls. Wrap each in plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes. (Meanwhile, you can wash dishes.)
3. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Fold bottom up twice, leaving one side open. Wrap around the other side with the open side to form a doughnut shape, sealing the ends securely.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap again and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 428F (220C). Bring a large pot of water to a boil
5. Add 1 tbsp. of honey in a boiling water (it gives the bagels a nice shine). Cook for about 1 minute on each side until the bagels have a shriveled look. Then immediately remove to the baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and bake at 428F (220C) for 15 minutes.
Wrap bagels in aluminum foil to keep them moist. They stay soft and chewy till the next day!
Tsubu-an (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins) goes great with MILO bagels :D
How to Make MILO Banana Muffins
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You will want to make this if you watch this ;) hehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95dYm8M2o3w Hot Cake is Japanese pancake but it is ...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Taiyaki is a very popular Japanese fish-shaped cake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFsQE0qd_4w My friend Kym designed those tees for m...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Last time , 2 days were not enough to enjoy Hakone, so we decided to stay 3 days this time :) Of course, we bought Hakone Freepass valid fo...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
I receive many questions regarding the Cake Flour I use, so here is the answer! Cake Flour, we call 薄力粉 (Hakurikiko), is soft (weak) wheat...
Edamame (green soybeans) will get very tasty by roasting them in a frying pan! Sesame oil and salt will enhance your appetite!!! You must tr...