Soft and chewy with a slightly sweet MILO flavor! Yummy XD
It goes great with Anko (sweet Azuki red bean paste)!!!
Also ham and cheese surprisingly match well. hehe
How to Make MILO Bagels
Number of servings: 2
180g (6.4oz.) bread flour
50g (1.8oz.) Nestle MILO
1/2 tsp. dry yeast
1/4 tsp. salt
120ml warm water
1. Place bread flour, MILO, dry yeast in a large bowl. Add warm water (38C-40C=100F-104F) and roughly mix the ingredients. Then add salt and knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is uniform and smooth. (You can knead the dough on the counter. Salt controls the rising, so it is better added later. If your dough is too soft, add little more flour. But it is better soft than stiff to get them incorporated. Adding water later won't mix well…)
2. Divide the dough into 2 portions and shape into balls. Wrap each in plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes. (Meanwhile, you can wash dishes.)
3. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Fold bottom up twice, leaving one side open. Wrap around the other side with the open side to form a doughnut shape, sealing the ends securely.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap again and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 428F (220C). Bring a large pot of water to a boil
5. Add 1 tbsp. of honey in a boiling water (it gives the bagels a nice shine). Cook for about 1 minute on each side until the bagels have a shriveled look. Then immediately remove to the baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and bake at 428F (220C) for 15 minutes.
Wrap bagels in aluminum foil to keep them moist. They stay soft and chewy till the next day!
Tsubu-an (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins) goes great with MILO bagels :D
How to Make MILO Banana Muffins
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Please follow my Instagram!!! I share pics out of habit ;) Please find "ochikeron" at Instagram ;) http://instagram.com/och...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popul...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
I don't have a sweet tooth but I liked it! The bitter taste of Matcha green tea gives an elegant flavor to the chocolate. https://ww...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
This is the way I love to eat Shirasu Don! Of course you can eat it in the way you like ;) There is no rule. hehe https://www.youtube.com...