Soft and chewy with a slightly sweet MILO flavor! Yummy XD
It goes great with Anko (sweet Azuki red bean paste)!!!
Also ham and cheese surprisingly match well. hehe
How to Make MILO Bagels
Number of servings: 2
180g (6.4oz.) bread flour
50g (1.8oz.) Nestle MILO
1/2 tsp. dry yeast
1/4 tsp. salt
120ml warm water
1. Place bread flour, MILO, dry yeast in a large bowl. Add warm water (38C-40C=100F-104F) and roughly mix the ingredients. Then add salt and knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is uniform and smooth. (You can knead the dough on the counter. Salt controls the rising, so it is better added later. If your dough is too soft, add little more flour. But it is better soft than stiff to get them incorporated. Adding water later won't mix well…)
2. Divide the dough into 2 portions and shape into balls. Wrap each in plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes. (Meanwhile, you can wash dishes.)
3. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Fold bottom up twice, leaving one side open. Wrap around the other side with the open side to form a doughnut shape, sealing the ends securely.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap again and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 428F (220C). Bring a large pot of water to a boil
5. Add 1 tbsp. of honey in a boiling water (it gives the bagels a nice shine). Cook for about 1 minute on each side until the bagels have a shriveled look. Then immediately remove to the baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and bake at 428F (220C) for 15 minutes.
Wrap bagels in aluminum foil to keep them moist. They stay soft and chewy till the next day!
Tsubu-an (sweet Azuki red bean paste with skins) goes great with MILO bagels :D
How to Make MILO Banana Muffins
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to my ...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
This video will show you how to make Vegetable Yaki Gyoza (fried dumplings)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUzBV6K8II Very healthy i...
Many people requested me to make a rice burger! Of course you can change the filling but I think Yakiniku is easy and goes great with rice ;...
Croquette is a parcel of food such as minced meat or vegetables, shaped into a cylinder or circle, encased in breadcrumbs and deep fried. My...
Fujiya Country Ma'am Chocolate Chip Cookies are very popular soft and chewy cookies in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewoSIL...