The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popular in Japan!!!
I modified the recipe in the way I think is good and it came out amazingly delicious :)
This is optional, but I coated the cake with some homemade fruit brandy for an extra aroma and moistness.
2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Difficulty: VERY EASY
Number of Servings: 6
Calories per Serving: 200Kcal
15cm (6inch) round cake pan
3 bars of chocolate (total of 165g = 5.8oz.)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). When the chocolate has cooled, add the yolks and mix with a whisk.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. *If it's thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 Meringue into the chocolate batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well with a spatula.
5. Line the round cake pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Bake at 170C (338F) for 30-40 minutes.
7. When they are done, cool in the pan until you can touch it. Then place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can brush the cake with syrup (rum, kirsch, brandy, or any kind of liquor you like) and/or dust with powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) to finish. You can serve it with whipped cream if desired.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! You can also keep in the freezer for a week :D
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
"Okaki" is rice crackers and "Age" means deep fried. I received a request for Okakiage, which appears on Manga: "...
Yaki Onigiri is Grilled Rice Balls. Crispy, smoky and savory on the outside, and soft inside. Perfect item for BBQ!!! http://www.youtu...
I saw this idea on TV the other day and it was pretty good XD As compared to the regular choux pastry, Aburaage (deep fried tofu) is light ...
I receive many questions regarding the Cake Flour I use, so here is the answer! Cake Flour, we call 薄力粉 (Hakurikiko), is soft (weak) wheat...
If you just bake marshmallows, it will be one-ingredient cookie XD Very crisp like meringue cookies but way easier to make!!! No whipping...
Sweet corn and mayonnaise matches perfect with ham! Very popular and appetizing Japanese buns :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8cqftxE...
This video will show you how to make cute meatball curry. It is perfect for Independence Day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwkp_FBl73I...
Somen is perfect refreshing food for hot and humid summer season :) Sōmen (素麺) is very thin Japanese noodles made of wheat flour. The nood...
This video will show you how to bake Curry and Rice Bread using a Home Bakery (Bread Machine or Bread Maker): Panasonic SD-BH104 http://w...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...