The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popular in Japan!!!
I modified the recipe in the way I think is good and it came out amazingly delicious :)
This is optional, but I coated the cake with some homemade fruit brandy for an extra aroma and moistness.
2 Ingredients Chocolate Cake
Difficulty: VERY EASY
Number of Servings: 6
Calories per Serving: 200Kcal
15cm (6inch) round cake pan
3 bars of chocolate (total of 165g = 5.8oz.)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). When the chocolate has cooled, add the yolks and mix with a whisk.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. *If it's thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 Meringue into the chocolate batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well with a spatula.
5. Line the round cake pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Bake at 170C (338F) for 30-40 minutes.
7. When they are done, cool in the pan until you can touch it. Then place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can brush the cake with syrup (rum, kirsch, brandy, or any kind of liquor you like) and/or dust with powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) to finish. You can serve it with whipped cream if desired.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! You can also keep in the freezer for a week :D
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
I know you love crêpe!!! This is absolutely easy and delicious :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9mHq9xxunA Of course you can just w...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
DAY 1: We took Shinkansen (Japanese bullet train) from Tokyo station to 軽井沢 (Karuizawa) . GranSta at Tokyo station is a perfect place to ...
Yakisoba (焼きそば) is Japanese fried noodles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URLZwRs4g7E I kept the recipe very simple using a minimum in...
Nabe (hot pot) with Daikon Oroshi (grated Daikon radish) is called Mizore Nabe (みぞれ鍋). You can of course make this Nabe without it (Olaf is ...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
This recipe was requested by many people! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Vs1UnixIQ The milk foamer I bought at 100yen shop worked ab...
Mizu-Yokan (Soft Azuki Bean Jelly) contains more water compared to the regular Yokan, as Mizu means water in Japanese. https://www.youtub...