The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popular in Japan!!!
I modified the recipe in the way I think is good and it came out amazingly delicious :)
This is optional, but I coated the cake with some homemade fruit brandy for an extra aroma and moistness.
2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Difficulty: VERY EASY
Number of Servings: 6
Calories per Serving: 200Kcal
15cm (6inch) round cake pan
3 bars of chocolate (total of 165g = 5.8oz.)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). When the chocolate has cooled, add the yolks and mix with a whisk.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. *If it's thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 Meringue into the chocolate batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well with a spatula.
5. Line the round cake pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Bake at 170C (338F) for 30-40 minutes.
7. When they are done, cool in the pan until you can touch it. Then place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can brush the cake with syrup (rum, kirsch, brandy, or any kind of liquor you like) and/or dust with powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) to finish. You can serve it with whipped cream if desired.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! You can also keep in the freezer for a week :D
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Thursday, April 25, 2013
How to Make 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake (Gâteau au Chocolat) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Have you seen the movie Ponyo (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZffjrTR1M This video will show you how ...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...