The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popular in Japan!!!
I modified the recipe in the way I think is good and it came out amazingly delicious :)
This is optional, but I coated the cake with some homemade fruit brandy for an extra aroma and moistness.
2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Difficulty: VERY EASY
Number of Servings: 6
Calories per Serving: 200Kcal
15cm (6inch) round cake pan
3 bars of chocolate (total of 165g = 5.8oz.)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). When the chocolate has cooled, add the yolks and mix with a whisk.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. *If it's thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 Meringue into the chocolate batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well with a spatula.
5. Line the round cake pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Bake at 170C (338F) for 30-40 minutes.
7. When they are done, cool in the pan until you can touch it. Then place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can brush the cake with syrup (rum, kirsch, brandy, or any kind of liquor you like) and/or dust with powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) to finish. You can serve it with whipped cream if desired.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! You can also keep in the freezer for a week :D
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Kasutera (Castella) is a very popular Japanese sponge cake made from a few ingredients. It is a very typical Oyatsu (snack) in Japan :) ...
I receive many questions regarding the Cake Flour I use, so here is the answer! Cake Flour, we call 薄力粉 (Hakurikiko), is soft (weak) wheat...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
How to Make Quick and Easy Kabocha Squash Potage (Japanese Pumpkin Soup) for Halloween - Video RecipeThis soup is made with Kabocha (Japanese squash) with skin! Kabocha skin contains a lot of vitamins, so why don't you eat it :) https...
Super quick, healthy, and refreshing Takikomi Gohan (flavored rice dish) using Ajipon (Ponzu sauce)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq-S...
Matsutake Gohan (pine mushroom rice) is a very simple rice dish to enjoy the flavor of Matsutake mushrooms! I saw on TV that you can creat...
Super quick and healthy recipe using unflavored canned boiled mackerel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotsz4A94vA Ginger removes the ...
Takoyaki dessert using Mini Yukimi Daifuku (Mochi ice cream). Perfect for parties and April fool's day as well ;) https://www.youtub...
Curry spiced cream corn brings up the flavor of the fillings. Very healthy and mild with less salt :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9...
This is my favorite dish that my mom cooks!!! She sometimes simmer leftover Karaage (Japanese fried chicken) and Kabocha (Japanese squash) t...