The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popular in Japan!!!
I modified the recipe in the way I think is good and it came out amazingly delicious :)
This is optional, but I coated the cake with some homemade fruit brandy for an extra aroma and moistness.
2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Difficulty: VERY EASY
Number of Servings: 6
Calories per Serving: 200Kcal
15cm (6inch) round cake pan
3 bars of chocolate (total of 165g = 5.8oz.)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). When the chocolate has cooled, add the yolks and mix with a whisk.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. *If it's thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 Meringue into the chocolate batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well with a spatula.
5. Line the round cake pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Bake at 170C (338F) for 30-40 minutes.
7. When they are done, cool in the pan until you can touch it. Then place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can brush the cake with syrup (rum, kirsch, brandy, or any kind of liquor you like) and/or dust with powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) to finish. You can serve it with whipped cream if desired.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! You can also keep in the freezer for a week :D
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
Noriben (海苔弁) is the simplest type of bento, containing only soy sauce, Nori seaweed, and rice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P1ufbAuob...
Miso-Maru is made with Miso (fermented soybean paste) and dried ingredients. You can pre-make batches of Kawaii Miso balls. They look just...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I know you love crêpe!!! This is absolutely easy and delicious :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9mHq9xxunA Of course you can just w...
This video will show you how to make a very easy and Kawaii (cute) Doraemon Bento (Lunch Box). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNqhP7wNANI...
I found the recipe on the net and thought it is an easy and perfect side dish for Bento box :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHgsddmR9D...
Korokke (Croquette) is a parcel of food such as minced meat or vegetables, shaped into a cylinder or circle, encased in breadcrumbs and deep...
Last month (2012/1/22), there was a nationwide recipe contest in Japan called レシピの女王 (Queen of Home Cooking). The contest was broadcast on ...
This recipe was awarded by chef Sakai (Hiroyuki) who is well-known for Iron Chef French on the Japanese TV show Iron Chef! The contest &qu...