I found an interesting curry and rice.
You use milk to make this curry.
It has a nice creamy taste and spicy flavor.
It reminds me of the stew I had in Amman, Jordan :)
I used to live there for 6 years.
Unfortunately, I didn't learn Arabic at that time, so I cannot speak it…
Hokkaido White Curry
Number of servings: 5
1 box = 100g (3.5oz.) House Hokkaido White Curry Sauce Mix *we call it "curry roux"
200g (7.0oz.) meat *chicken or pork
1&1/2 medium (300g=10.6oz.) onions
1 medium (150g=5.3oz.) potatoes
1/2 medium (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
1 tbsp. cooking oil or butter
1 package turmeric powder *comes in the box
3 cups uncooked Japanese rice
1. Cut meat of your choice into bite-size pieces. Cut the onions into bite-size pieces. Cut the potatoes and the carrot into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat the cooking oil in a large stew pot. Add onions, carrots, potatoes, and meat, and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
3. Add 500ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
4.Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. *make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
5. Then put on the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
6. Add 200ml milk, then simmer for another 5 minutes to finish.
1. Wash the rice with cold water. Put in the rice cooker pot, then add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot.
2. Add the turmeric powder, mix well, and start cooking.
3. Serve curry on a hot bed of turmeric rice.
*for best results, don't use a lid while cooking.
*curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
*if you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Hayashi Rice (also called Hashed Beef) is a very popular Western-style rice dish in Japan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkG1ThrfdTw Y...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...
A cute Korean song by Hari (하리)! This video is not related to cooking, so it is unlisted (those who know the link can watch). hehe 韓国やタイ...
My darling was reading a newspaper the other day and found "Sushi Burrito" is very popular overseas. Well… we don't have it ...
Baumkuchen is a kind of layered cake invented in Germany. It is a very popular cake in Japan. The most popular wedding favor, too! http:...