I found an interesting curry and rice.
You use milk to make this curry.
It has a nice creamy taste and spicy flavor.
It reminds me of the stew I had in Amman, Jordan :)
I used to live there for 6 years.
Unfortunately, I didn't learn Arabic at that time, so I cannot speak it…
Hokkaido White Curry
Number of servings: 5
1 box = 100g (3.5oz.) House Hokkaido White Curry Sauce Mix *we call it "curry roux"
200g (7.0oz.) meat *chicken or pork
1&1/2 medium (300g=10.6oz.) onions
1 medium (150g=5.3oz.) potatoes
1/2 medium (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
1 tbsp. cooking oil or butter
1 package turmeric powder *comes in the box
3 cups uncooked Japanese rice
1. Cut meat of your choice into bite-size pieces. Cut the onions into bite-size pieces. Cut the potatoes and the carrot into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat the cooking oil in a large stew pot. Add onions, carrots, potatoes, and meat, and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
3. Add 500ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
4.Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. *make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
5. Then put on the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
6. Add 200ml milk, then simmer for another 5 minutes to finish.
1. Wash the rice with cold water. Put in the rice cooker pot, then add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot.
2. Add the turmeric powder, mix well, and start cooking.
3. Serve curry on a hot bed of turmeric rice.
*for best results, don't use a lid while cooking.
*curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
*if you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to my ...
Monjayaki is a local dish of Tokyo. It is a type of Japanese pan-fried batter with various ingredients. Ingredients are similar to Okonomi...
Fujiya Country Ma'am Chocolate Chip Cookies are very popular soft and chewy cookies in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewoSIL...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...