I found an interesting curry and rice.
You use milk to make this curry.
It has a nice creamy taste and spicy flavor.
It reminds me of the stew I had in Amman, Jordan :)
I used to live there for 6 years.
Unfortunately, I didn't learn Arabic at that time, so I cannot speak it…
Hokkaido White Curry
Number of servings: 5
1 box = 100g (3.5oz.) House Hokkaido White Curry Sauce Mix *we call it "curry roux"
200g (7.0oz.) meat *chicken or pork
1&1/2 medium (300g=10.6oz.) onions
1 medium (150g=5.3oz.) potatoes
1/2 medium (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
1 tbsp. cooking oil or butter
1 package turmeric powder *comes in the box
3 cups uncooked Japanese rice
1. Cut meat of your choice into bite-size pieces. Cut the onions into bite-size pieces. Cut the potatoes and the carrot into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat the cooking oil in a large stew pot. Add onions, carrots, potatoes, and meat, and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
3. Add 500ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 15 minutes.
4.Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. *make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
5. Then put on the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
6. Add 200ml milk, then simmer for another 5 minutes to finish.
1. Wash the rice with cold water. Put in the rice cooker pot, then add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot.
2. Add the turmeric powder, mix well, and start cooking.
3. Serve curry on a hot bed of turmeric rice.
*for best results, don't use a lid while cooking.
*curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
*if you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
"Okaki" is rice crackers and "Age" means deep fried. I received a request for Okakiage, which appears on Manga: "...
Yaki Onigiri is Grilled Rice Balls. Crispy, smoky and savory on the outside, and soft inside. Perfect item for BBQ!!! http://www.youtu...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
I saw this idea on TV the other day and it was pretty good XD As compared to the regular choux pastry, Aburaage (deep fried tofu) is light ...
If you just bake marshmallows, it will be one-ingredient cookie XD Very crisp like meringue cookies but way easier to make!!! No whipping...
Easy, cute, gorgeous, and delicious idea with a homemade touch ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn8n8G_b3L4 I found cute chocolate tra...
Salted Preserved Lemons are the lemons that have been pickled in salt for about a week or more. They are common in Indian and North Africa...
This video will show you how to make cute meatball curry. It is perfect for Independence Day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwkp_FBl73I...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Katsu Sando is Tonkatsu Sandwich and it is another popular Japanese dish! It is great for bentos (lunchbox item) and potluck parties, too! ...