Spiced pumpkin pie is perfect for Halloween as well as the Thanksgiving!!!
Very simple recipe using pie sheets :)
Halloween Jack-o'-Lantern Pumpkin Pie
Time: 1 hr
Number of servings: 16cm (6.3-inch) tart pan with a removable bottom
2 pie sheets (puff pastry sheets)
200g (7.0oz.) Kabocha (Japanese squash)
* 40g (1.4oz.) sugar
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 tbsp. butter
* 1 tbsp. milk
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder (if you like)
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 tsp. water
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 8 minutes until tender.
2. Scoop out 200g (7.0oz.) Kabocha flesh with a spoon. Mash the Kabocha using a fork and mix in A while it is hot. Then strain through a sieve.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
4. Halfway thaw one of the pie sheets. Use a sharp knife to cut out Jack-o'-Lantern face. Then thaw the other pie sheet and lay inside the tart pan with a removable bottom.
5. Lightly prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Then fill the pumpkin filling (2.) and smooth the top. Lightly prick it again. Gently place the other pie sheet onto the top of the filling. Gently press the edges to seal them. Cut off edges as needed.
6. Mix B (egg wash) and brush on the surface with a pastry brush. Bake at 180C (350F) for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Place it on a wire rack to cool. When it is cool enough to handle, remove the pie from the pan.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...