Spiced pumpkin pie is perfect for Halloween as well as the Thanksgiving!!!
Very simple recipe using pie sheets :)
Halloween Jack-o'-Lantern Pumpkin Pie
Time: 1 hr
Number of servings: 16cm (6.3-inch) tart pan with a removable bottom
2 pie sheets (puff pastry sheets)
200g (7.0oz.) Kabocha (Japanese squash)
* 40g (1.4oz.) sugar
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 tbsp. butter
* 1 tbsp. milk
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder (if you like)
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 tsp. water
1. Scoop out the seeds of Kabocha, wash (you don't have to drain well), place it on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500W) for 8 minutes until tender.
2. Scoop out 200g (7.0oz.) Kabocha flesh with a spoon. Mash the Kabocha using a fork and mix in A while it is hot. Then strain through a sieve.
3. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
4. Halfway thaw one of the pie sheets. Use a sharp knife to cut out Jack-o'-Lantern face. Then thaw the other pie sheet and lay inside the tart pan with a removable bottom.
5. Lightly prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Then fill the pumpkin filling (2.) and smooth the top. Lightly prick it again. Gently place the other pie sheet onto the top of the filling. Gently press the edges to seal them. Cut off edges as needed.
6. Mix B (egg wash) and brush on the surface with a pastry brush. Bake at 180C (350F) for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Place it on a wire rack to cool. When it is cool enough to handle, remove the pie from the pan.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...