I made this video because I received many requests for egg mayo (egg salad) sandwich.
This is my favorite sandwich that I used to buy at DOUTOR coffee shop when I was a high school student. Now they sell a different ham and egg sandwich… This one was the best ;)
NOTE: What I called "ham sausage" in this video is "bologna sausage"! Sorry I just found the name on its package...
Please watch 0:30-2:49 for the basic bread dough.
My Favorite Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches
Number of servings: 8 buns & 2 sandwiches
200g (7.0oz.) bread flour
20g (0.7oz.) butter
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. dry yeast
100ml warm water *30C/86F
20g (0.7oz.) beaten egg
1/2 tsp. salt
leftover beaten egg
grated parmesan cheese
((2 Ham and Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches))
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
salt and pepper
4 slices bologna sausage
1. You want all the ingredients at room temperature.
2. Mix warm water, salt and beaten egg together.
3. In a large bowl, place bread flour, butter, sugar, and dry yeast. Keep the dry yeast away from butter as the salt (in the butter) will kill the dry yeast.
4. Gradually mix in the warm water mixture. Use your hand to mix together until formed.
5. Transfer the dough to the counter, stretch the dough for a few times using your palms, fold it in half, turn it around (90C), and stretch again. Repeat and knead until smooth, without adding any extra flour for 10-15 minutes). The dough should be very elastic which when stretched becomes almost translucent.
((1st Proving / Proofing / Rising))
6. Lightly oil a large bowl. Form the dough into a ball and place it in the bowl seam side down. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap (to keep the surface of the dough from drying out), and leave to proof in a warm place (30C/86F) for 30-60 min or until it has doubled or tripled in size. (In winter, you can use the proof function on your home oven!)
7. Coat your finger in flour and poke the dough. If the hole stays, it's ready. If the dough springs back, it needs to proof more. If the dough shrinks, it is over proofed. In this case, you'd better flatten out and make a pizza…
((Knock-Back & Bench Time / Resting))
8. Place the dough onto a floured surface and punch out the air with your palm.
9. Divide it into 8 equal pieces using a bench scraper or a knife. Quickly form them into balls.
10. Place them on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap (to keep the surface of the dough from drying out), and rest for 10 minutes. The dough is surprised because you punched, so please let them rest for a while before you start shaping.
---Up to here, please watch the Burger Buns video (0:30-2:49)---
11. Using a rolling pin or your palm, punch out the air from the dough. Form them into flat oval balls. Then place them on a baking sheet seam side down.
((2nd Proving / Proofing / Rising))
12. Cover with plastic wrap (to keep the surface of the dough from drying out), and leave to proof in a warm place (30C/86F) for 20-30 min or until they have doubled in size. (In winter, you can use the proof function on your home oven!)
13. Preheat the oven to 200C (392F).
14. Brush the dough with the leftover beaten egg, and sprinkle with some grated parmesan cheese.
15. Bake at 200C (392F) for about 10 minutes. Place them on a wire rack to cool.
((2 Ham and Egg Mayonnaise Sandwiches))
16. Mash the hard-boiled eggs with a fork. Season with mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
17. Slice the buns in half, and brush the cut sides with butter and whole-grain mustard.
18. Layer bologna sausagee, green lettuce, egg mayonnaise, and bologna sausage. Sandwich the top half, then press.
* To keep the surface of the dough from drying out, a wet towel is okay but plastic wrap is easier!
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...