Agedashi Tofu or Agedashi Dofu is a very popular traditional Japanese appetizer dish.
"Age" means "deep fried" and "Dashi" means "broth". Thus: deep fried Tofu steeped in Dashi-based sauce.
I think most Japanese restaurants overseas have it on their menu, and it is the most ordered dish than in Japan! hehe
Agedashi Tofu (Deep Fried Tofu with Dashi Based Sauce)
Number of servings: 2-3
1 (350g=12.5oz) Momen-Dōfu (cotton Tofu / firm Tofu)
Katakuriko (potato starch) *corn starch or regular flour is ok
vegetable oil for deep frying
* 150ml Dashi broth (you can use Dashi powder to make it)
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 3 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* Daikon Oroshi (grated Daikon radish)
* grated ginger
* chopped green onion
1. Cut Tofu into 6 pieces. Drain on a strainer for 5 minutes. Then you can also remove excess water with paper towel if necessary.
2. Heat the vegetable oil for deep frying to 170-180C (340-350F).
3. Coat Tofu with Katakuriko (potato starch). Drop into the oil immediately after coating. Deep fry until puffed and lightly golden (about 2 min). Then drain well.
4. Bring Dashi Sauce to a boil.
5. Place the Tofu in a serving bowl, garnish with some toppings of your choice: Daikon Oroshi, chopped green onion, and grated ginger, then pour the Dashi Sauce over it.
You can of course use "Kinugoshidofu (silken Tofu)" but remember it is very soft and fragile.
How to Store / Reuse / Dispose of Deep Frying Oil
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, January 24, 2014
How to Make Agedashi Tofu (Deep Fried Tofu with Dashi Based Sauce) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...