Pão de Queijo is Brazilian cheese bread.
We can't find the flour (polvilho azedo or doe) for Pão de Queijo in Japan, so it is very popular to use Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour) or Mochiko (glutinous rice flour) to make it :)
Chewy texture of Mochi and cheese is just like Pão de Queijo. I hope you can try it out! YUMMY!!!
NO EGG Japanese-Style Pão de Queijo
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 12
100g (3.5oz.) Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour) *Mochiko (glutinous rice flour) is OK
50g (1.8oz.) grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
2. Place Shiratamako (lumpy glutinous rice flour) in a bowl. Add milk and mix very well until smooth. *DO NOT add other ingredients before you mix the Shiratamako and milk together. Otherwise, they won't mix well and smooth).
3. Add cooking oil and parmesan cheese, then mix well until combined. *you can add a bit more milk if the dough doesn't come together. *adding nuts, sesame seeds, spices, or herbs is good, too
4. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces using a bench scraper or a knife, then roll them into balls.
5. Bake at 180C (350F) for about 15 minutes.
Just out from the oven is good. They stay chewy and soft till the next day. Of course, you can microwave or cook in the toaster oven for a few seconds and they will become soft again.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, June 20, 2014
How to Make NO EGG Japanese-Style Pão de Queijo (Mochi Cheese Balls Recipe) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...