This is a very simple way to make Japanese cream stew from scratch. Using organic ingredients will make it very healthy!
Vegetarian people can skip the meat ;)
It may slightly separate if you use pure soy milk, so use the processed one if you want a smoother texture!
Organic Soy Milk Cream Stew
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) chicken breast w/o skin
1/2 (150g=5.3oz.) carrot
1 (200g=7oz.) onion
1~2 (300g=10.6oz.) potato
consomme cube (or bouillon cube) to make 300ml soup
1 bay leaf
200ml soy milk or milk
1 tbsp. potato or corn starch & 1 tbsp. water
salt and pepper
parsley flakes *if you like
1. Remove the skin, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Cut potato and carrot into bite-size pieces. Cut onion into wedges.
3. Place water, consomme cube (crushed), and bay leaf in a pot. Put on the heat, when the consomme cube has dissolved, add the vegetables (2.), cover, and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
4. When the vegetables are cooked, add the chicken, cover, and cook on medium for another 5 minutes. *remove the foam if necessary
5. Add soy milk and cook until warm. Season with salt and pepper. Then stop the heat, mix in potato or corn starch mixed with water, then heat until the soup thickens.
6. Serve in a dish and sprinkle with parsley flakes if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...