This is a very simple way to make Japanese cream stew from scratch. Using organic ingredients will make it very healthy!
Vegetarian people can skip the meat ;)
It may slightly separate if you use pure soy milk, so use the processed one if you want a smoother texture!
Organic Soy Milk Cream Stew
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) chicken breast w/o skin
1/2 (150g=5.3oz.) carrot
1 (200g=7oz.) onion
1~2 (300g=10.6oz.) potato
consomme cube (or bouillon cube) to make 300ml soup
1 bay leaf
200ml soy milk or milk
1 tbsp. potato or corn starch & 1 tbsp. water
salt and pepper
parsley flakes *if you like
1. Remove the skin, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Cut potato and carrot into bite-size pieces. Cut onion into wedges.
3. Place water, consomme cube (crushed), and bay leaf in a pot. Put on the heat, when the consomme cube has dissolved, add the vegetables (2.), cover, and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
4. When the vegetables are cooked, add the chicken, cover, and cook on medium for another 5 minutes. *remove the foam if necessary
5. Add soy milk and cook until warm. Season with salt and pepper. Then stop the heat, mix in potato or corn starch mixed with water, then heat until the soup thickens.
6. Serve in a dish and sprinkle with parsley flakes if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...