Salted Preserved Lemons are the lemons that have been pickled in salt for about a week or more.
They are common in Indian and North African (Moroccan) cuisine. It is much talked about in Japan on TV and magazines recently, so I am sharing this idea :)
The flavor is mildly sour, and of course very salty. Thus, the juice and the peels can be used as a salt seasoning (substitute). However, peels are intensively salty, so I personally don't recommend using it. hehe
These are some good effects that you can expect from Salted Preserved Lemons:
- cut down salt intake (prevents swelling)
- citric acid will help carbohydrate metabolism (beauty effect)
- rich in Vitamin C (beauty effect)
Salted Preserved Lemons
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of Servings: 500ml glass jar
500ml glass jar
300g (10oz.) organic lemons
30g (1oz.) salt (10% of lemon)
1. Pour some hot water in a glass jar to disinfect it. Empty the jar and dry it out. It will dry quickly with residual heat.
2. Wash the lemons, dry them with paper towels, cut off and discard the end pieces, cut into wedges, then remove the seeds.
3. Put salt and lemon wedges alternately in the jar. Close the lid securely.
4. Keep it in the fridge for a week. Shake the jar once a day.
* You can keep it in the fridge up to 3 months.
6 Ways to Use Salted Preserved Lemons
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...