Salted Preserved Lemons are the lemons that have been pickled in salt for about a week or more.
They are common in Indian and North African (Moroccan) cuisine. It is much talked about in Japan on TV and magazines recently, so I am sharing this idea :)
The flavor is mildly sour, and of course very salty. Thus, the juice and the peels can be used as a salt seasoning (substitute). However, peels are intensively salty, so I personally don't recommend using it. hehe
These are some good effects that you can expect from Salted Preserved Lemons:
- cut down salt intake (prevents swelling)
- citric acid will help carbohydrate metabolism (beauty effect)
- rich in Vitamin C (beauty effect)
Salted Preserved Lemons
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of Servings: 500ml glass jar
500ml glass jar
300g (10oz.) organic lemons
30g (1oz.) salt (10% of lemon)
1. Pour some hot water in a glass jar to disinfect it. Empty the jar and dry it out. It will dry quickly with residual heat.
2. Wash the lemons, dry them with paper towels, cut off and discard the end pieces, cut into wedges, then remove the seeds.
3. Put salt and lemon wedges alternately in the jar. Close the lid securely.
4. Keep it in the fridge for a week. Shake the jar once a day.
* You can keep it in the fridge up to 3 months.
6 Ways to Use Salted Preserved Lemons
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...