Kabocha melts in your mouth. yummy!!!
Compared to the regular flan (pudding), the texture is firmer, so you can cut and serve like a cake!!!
Perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving ;)
Kabocha Squash Purin Cake for Halloween (Pumpkin Pudding)
Number of servings: 15cm (6inch) round cake pan
40g (1.4oz.) granulated sugar
1 tbsp. water
350g (12.5oz) Kabocha (Japanese squash)
60g (2.1oz.) granulated sugar
1. Mix granulated sugar and water in a saucepan by tilting the pan. Then simmer until the sauce is browned. (Do not mix it with a spoon but tilt the pan to mix it. The sugar will recrystallize if you mix it with a spoon.)
2. Pour the sauce into the cake pan before it gets hard.
1. Wrap Kabocha with plastic wrap and microwave at 600w for 8 minutes. Scoop out the Kabocha flesh with a spoon. Then strain through a strainer.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl, then mix in a few drops of vanilla extract.
3. Add milk and sugar in the saucepan (which you made the caramel), then heat until warm. *you can clean off the caramel at the same time, not to waste it.
4. Mix in the warm milk mixture (4.) into the egg mixture (3.). Add the mixture into the mashed Kabocha. Then strain through a strainer to make it smooth.
5. Pour the mixture over the caramel in the cake pan.
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F).
2. Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water (half the height) into the baking sheet. Bake at 170C (338F) for 50 minutes.
3. Place it on a wire rack to cool and put in the fridge until cold. Flip it over onto a plate to serve.
Note: You can grease the pan with some oil or butter so the pudding will slip out easily.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Saturday, October 25, 2014
How to Make Kabocha Squash Purin Cake for Halloween (Pumpkin Pudding) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...