Matsutake Clear Soup is very simple and aromatic. You can even enjoy a small piece of Matsutake :)
Matsutake is also called pine mushroom. It is usually found at the foot of pine tree, very expensive mushroom because of its rarity. Price varies depending on the area of production.
Recently, my mom said worm-eaten ones sold at discounted prices are really good and affordable, so I tried them out. Yes! They are truly great. They are worth to try!!!
BTW, I usually get Matsutake at Takashimaya (高島屋) department store in Futakotamagawa (二子玉川) ;)
Matsutake Clear Soup
Number of servings: 2
1 small Matsutake mushroom
Mochifu or Tofu
Mitsuba (Japanese wild parsley)
* 400ml water
* 10cm/4inch-square Kombu (kelp)
* 1 tbsp. Sake
* 1/2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce (use light soy sauce if you have)
* 1/3 tsp. salt
1. Clean Kombu with moistened towel. Soak in 400ml water for 30 minutes.
2. Clean Matsutake mushroom with moistened towel if necessary, shave the hard part of the stem if necessary, then slice.
3. Lightly hit the Mitsuba stem with the back of the knife to bring out the flavor. Then tie the stem into a knot.
4. Slice Mochifu or dice Tofu.
5. Put Kombu Dashi in the pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to medium and season with B. Add Mochifu and Matsutake, then simmer for 3 minutes. Add Mitsuba, stop the heat, and serve.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Have you seen the movie Ponyo (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZffjrTR1M This video will show you how ...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...