I found the recipe on the net and thought it is an easy and perfect side dish for Bento box :)
Perfect for Japanese New Year's food, too!
Leftover carrot scraps can be used for NO MEAT Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce!
Flower Pork Teriyaki Rolls
Number of servings: 8 pieces
8 thinly sliced pork loin
8 1.3inch-long carrots
* 2 tsp. Sake
* 2 tsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
corn or potato starch
1 tsp. cooking oil
1. Use a small (2cm=0.8inch) flower-shaped cookie cutter and cut out the carrots. In a boiling water, cook the carrots for 10 minutes, drain well, and cool.
2. Place pork slices, season with a bit of salt, place the cooked carrot on the end of the pork, then start rolling.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, place the rolls seam side down, you can cover and steam to cook them through for a couple of minutes, then make sure to flip the rolls so that all sides are cooked equally crisp and brown.
4. Add and coat with A, sprinkle with a few pinches of corn or potato starch, and stop the heat when the sauce thickens.
5. When they are cool enough to handle, cut one side to let show the beautiful flower shape. *You can eat the scraps to see how they taste ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
How to Make Flower Pork Teriyaki Rolls - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
I received many requests for Japanese vegetarian foods, so here is the one! I made my popular recipe which I have already received 300 pho...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...