I found the recipe on the net and thought it is an easy and perfect side dish for Bento box :)
Perfect for Japanese New Year's food, too!
Leftover carrot scraps can be used for NO MEAT Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce!
Flower Pork Teriyaki Rolls
Number of servings: 8 pieces
8 thinly sliced pork loin
8 1.3inch-long carrots
* 2 tsp. Sake
* 2 tsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
corn or potato starch
1 tsp. cooking oil
1. Use a small (2cm=0.8inch) flower-shaped cookie cutter and cut out the carrots. In a boiling water, cook the carrots for 10 minutes, drain well, and cool.
2. Place pork slices, season with a bit of salt, place the cooked carrot on the end of the pork, then start rolling.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, place the rolls seam side down, you can cover and steam to cook them through for a couple of minutes, then make sure to flip the rolls so that all sides are cooked equally crisp and brown.
4. Add and coat with A, sprinkle with a few pinches of corn or potato starch, and stop the heat when the sauce thickens.
5. When they are cool enough to handle, cut one side to let show the beautiful flower shape. *You can eat the scraps to see how they taste ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
How to Make Flower Pork Teriyaki Rolls - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...