This video will show you how to make Vegetable Yaki Gyoza (fried dumplings)!
Very healthy idea, perfect for vegetarians and those who are on diet ;)
Number of servings: 24 pieces
200g (7oz.) cabbage
100g (3.5oz.) onion
80g (2.8oz.) carrot
1/2 long onion
1 tbsp. potato or corn starch
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. sake
* 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce (or vegetarian stir-fry sauce)
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* cracked black pepper
24 gyoza wrappers
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1. Wrap the cabbage with plastic wrap and microwave at 500W for 3 minutes until tender. Finely chop the cabbage then squeeze in paper towels to remove excess water.
2. Finely chop the onion, sprinkle with a bit of salt, then wash and drain well with paper towels. *in this way you can remove the bitter taste and bring up the sweetness of the onion.
3. Finely chop the carrot and the long onion.
4. Mix 1-3 in a bowl, then mix in starch to let it absorb the water.
5. Add A and mix well.
6. Place the gyoza wrapper in your palm and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Put water along the edge of the wrapper by fingers, fold into semi circle, gather the front side of the wrapper and seal.
7. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan, place gyoza, cook on high heat until the bottoms become brown.
8. Turn the heat down to medium, add 50ml water (or about 1/3 of their hight), cover and steam the gyoza on med-high heat until cooked. Uncover and cook on high heat until the water is gone and crisp.
This Gyoza is already seasoned but you can serve them with a mixture of vinegar, a little soy sauce, and a few drops of la-yu if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
How to Make Vegetable Gyoza (Vegetarian Fried Dumplings) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...