Healthy well balanced Clam Chowder using lots of vegetables, rich in vitamins, iron, and calcium.
I learned this recipe at the Maternity cooking class held by the city I live in. Since I don't like milk, I used soy milk instead.
Recipes for moms are always good for whole family ;)
FYI: Nov. 8th 2014 Maternity Cooking マタニティ クッキング
Healthy Homemade Clam Chowder
Number of servings: 4
Calories per serving: 135Kcal
130g (4.6oz.) canned shelled Asari clams in water
100g (3.5oz.) chopped onion
80g (2.8oz.) Komatsuna (Japanese spinach)
40g (1.4oz.) chopped bacon slices
100g (3.5oz.) potato
2 tbsp. flour
150ml soy milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. Sake *water is okay
300ml = water + the liquid from the canned Asari
1 tsp. butter
cracked black pepper
*You don't have to parboil Komatsuna (Japanese spinach) because it doesn't contain that much oxalic acid content compared to the regular spinach. If you are using the regular spinach, please parboil it!
1. Chop Komatsuna and separate stalks and leaves. Dice potato and soak in water (to prevent from changing color & remove starch).
2. Heat butter in a pot and cook the chopped onion until tender. Add the chopped bacon and cook until done. Then add the Komatsuna stalks and chopped potatoes, and cook until coated with oil.
3. Add Sake, cover, and steam until the potatoes are cooked.
4. Add flour and mix until blended.
5. Add water + the liquid from the canned Asari, then bring to a boil. Add Asari and Komatsuna leaves. When it becomes to a boil, remove the foam.
6. Mix in salt, pepper, and soy milk. Cook until hot and serve in a dish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...