This one dish contains carbohydrate, protein, and vegetables. Perfect well-balanced diet for pregnant and postpartum women.
Using mixed vegetables makes the dish even easy and colorful!!!
You can freeze it for an upcoming busy week ;)
EASY Chicken Pilaf
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of servings: 4
2 cups uncooked pre-washed Japanese rice
150g (5.3oz.) chicken thigh cut into chunks seasoned with salt and pepper
100g (3.5oz.) chopped onion
50g (1.8oz.) canned sliced mushrooms
150g (5.3oz.) mixed vegetables
1 tbsp. Sake
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. consomme powder (or bouillon powder)
1 tbsp. butter
cracked black pepper
1. If you are using pre-washed rice (Musenmai) you don't have to wash it. If you washed rice, allow the rice to drain in a strainer for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 1/2 tbsp. of butter in a fringe pan. Cook pre-washed rice until coated with butter. If you are using washed rice, cook for about 5 minutes to dry out water from the rice.
3. Place the rice in a pot, add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot, then add Sake, salt, and consomme powder, and mix well.
4. Heat another 1/2 tbsp. of butter in a frying pan and cook chopped onion until tender. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and mixed vegetables, then season with cracked black pepper.
5. Place 4. on top of the rice. *do not mix or the rice won't cook evenly.
6. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
7. When it's done, toss the rice lightly using a rice paddle. Then serve in a dish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...