The orange color is perfect for Halloween ;)
Chicken Rice (also called Ketchup Rice) is a very popular rice dish used for Omurice (chicken fried rice wrapped with a thin sheet of egg). Many Japanese kids love it!!!
Omusubiyama (おむすび山) rice seasoning (Halloween pumpkin chicken rice flavor: limited edition) can be a very convenient substitute ;)
Chicken Rice (Ketchup Rice)
Number of servings: 12 rice balls
600g (1.3lb.) warm cooked rice
200g (7oz.) chicken breast without skin
200g (7oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) canned sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper
1. Dice the chicken and chop the onion.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. of cooking oil in a frying pan and cook the chopped onion until tender. Add the diced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Then add sliced mushrooms and 8 tbsp. of ketchup.
3. Add warm cooked rice, when they are evenly coated with ketchup, season with salt and pepper.
4. Wrap 80g (2.8oz.) of chicken rice in plastic wrap, form it into a ball shape, then tie it with a twist tie.
5. Cut a black tape or sticker to make face parts of Jack-o'-Lantern, then put them onto the plastic wrap.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...