You don't need to adjust the heat. 10 minutes on medium-high, 10 minutes steaming! Then you will get perfect steamed rice :) ENJOY!!!
Akomeya Tokyo is a premium rice shop in Ginza
How to Cook Steamed White Rice (Gohan) in AKOMEYA TOKYO Original Arita Ware Kuroyu (black glaze) Clay Pot
Difficulty: Super Easy
Time: 30min soaking time + 20 min
Number of servings: 4 (2 cups of rice)
2 rice cups (360ml) = 300g (10.6oz.) Japanese-style rice
1. Measure the rice with a measuring cup for rice and put it in a bowl.
2. Wash the rice with cold water. As for 2 cups, wash 4 or 5 times. Water does not have to be clear but somewhat clean. Then drain.
3. Place the rice in the pot and add water. Let the rice soak in the water at least 30 minutes.
4. Place the inner lid and upper lid, make sure the holes of both lids won't overlap and arranged to cross each other at right angle.
5. Set the pot on the gas stove and heat on medium high for 10 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and let it steam for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Toss the rice lightly with a rice paddle and serve.
AKOMEYA recommended cooking time:
1 cup of rice = 8 minutes
2 cups of rice = 10 minutes
3 cups of rice = 12 minutes
NOTE: The amount of water should be adjusted depending on how firm you like your rice and the condition of the rice itself. In particular, the moisture content of new rice is higher, so less water is needed.
* please wash and dry well after each use
* use only on gas stove
* do NOT use as a deep fryer
* do NOT heat without water in it
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Perfect Japanese White Rice in 20 MINUTES!!! AKOMEYA TOKYO Original Arita Ware Kuroyu Clay Pot 有田焼 黒釉 (くろゆう) - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...