Cute rice dish idea for Bento box or Parties!
Perfect for Valentine's Day and Ohanami (Sakura viewing) Bento ;)
I found canned Hamanako Broiled Eels at a supermarket and it also tasted great! You can maybe get it online since it has a long expiry date!
FYI: Umaki is broiled eel wrapped in Japanese rolled omelette (called Tamagoyaki, Dashimakitamago, or Atsuyakitamago). Egg is juicy and eel makes it very tasty. It tastes great even when it is cold.
Heart-Shaped Umaki Maki-Zushi (Eel Rolled Omelette)
Number of servings: 8 pieces
18x13cm (7x5.1inch) Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelet pan)
1 canned Unagi no Kabayaki (broiled eel on skewers is OK)
2 tsp. Yamaki Kappo Shiro Dashi (White Dashi)
300g (10.6oz.) cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2 tbsp. Sushi vinegar*
2 Nori seaweed sheet
1. If necessary, cook the eel as directed on its package. (You don't have to cook the canned one)
2. Mix eggs and Yamaki Kappo Shiro Dashi very well.
3. Heat cooking oil in a Tamagoyaki Nabe (rectangular omelette pan), pour a thin layer of egg mixture in the pan and spread over the surface. Cook until half done, place a strip of eel, roll up the egg, and move it to one end. Pour in another thin layer of egg mixture and let it flow under the rolled egg also. Cook until half done and again roll up the egg. Repeat this until half the mixture is gone.
4. Wrap the rolled egg while warm in plastic wrap to even out the shape. Allow it to cool.
5. Cut the egg diagonally and join the cut sides reversely to make a heart shape. Wrap the egg with 1/2 Nori sheet, then wrap in plastic wrap and wait until the Nori gets soft. *it is to define the outline of the heart-shape.
6. Place cooked Japanese rice in a bowl. Add Sushi vinegar while the rice is hot and slice through rice using a rice paddle to separate the grains. Spread the Sushi rice on another 1/2 Nori sheet using your finger tips, little bit moistened with water.
7. Place an extra Sushi rice for the “v” shape indentation of the heart shape.
8. Place the egg then start rolling.
9. With a moistened knife (bread knife cuts well) cut the roll into 4 pieces (re-wet as needed. don't push but pull to cut).
Eat with soy sauce if you like.
* Ingredients to make Sushi vinegar from scratch.
1.5 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...