Kasujiru is eaten during the cold season. It is similar to Miso soup, cooked with Miso (soybean paste) and Sakekasu (Sake lees).
Sakekasu is leftover bits of the Sake making process, rich in nutrients, having a high value of beauty and health effects :)
Number of servings: 6-8
800g (1.8lb) turnips with greens
200g (7oz.) Konnyaku (yam cake)
100g (3.5oz.) carrot
4 Shiitake mushrooms
2 Aburaage (deep-fried tofu pouch)
1200ml Dashi stock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObUMAxtnCCA
100g (3.5oz.) Sakekasu (Sake lees)
4~5 tbsp. Miso (soybean paste)
Shichimi-togarashi (seven flavor chili pepper) if you like
1. Tear Konnyaku into chunks with a spoon or your hands. Boil from water then drain.
2. Wash Aburaage with running water (to remove excess oil), drain well, and cut into thin strips.
3. Cut turnip bulbs into wedges. Chop turnip greens coarsely.
4. Thinly slice the carrot (cut into thin rounds, half moons, or quarter rounds depending on the size of the carrot).
5. Thinly slice Shiitake mushrooms.
6. Put Dashi stock in a large pot. Add turnip wedges, carrot slices, Aburaage, and Konnyaku, then cook for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, dilute the Sakekasu and 4tbsp. of Miso in a little bit of broth to prevent lumping.
7. Return the diluted Sakekasu and Miso to the soup. Add Shiitake and turnip greens, then cook for 5 minutes. Taste and add more Miso to adjust the flavor.
8. Serve in a dish and sprinkle with Shichimi-togarashi (seven flavor chili pepper) if you like.
*the green leaves of turnips are where most of the nutrients are found
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, March 25, 2016
Kasujiru (Sakekasu / Sake Lees Miso Soup) using Turnips for Vegetarian - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...