Kasujiru is eaten during the cold season. It is similar to Miso soup, cooked with Miso (soybean paste) and Sakekasu (Sake lees).
Sakekasu is leftover bits of the Sake making process, rich in nutrients, having a high value of beauty and health effects :)
Number of servings: 6-8
800g (1.8lb) turnips with greens
200g (7oz.) Konnyaku (yam cake)
100g (3.5oz.) carrot
4 Shiitake mushrooms
2 Aburaage (deep-fried tofu pouch)
1200ml Dashi stock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObUMAxtnCCA
100g (3.5oz.) Sakekasu (Sake lees)
4~5 tbsp. Miso (soybean paste)
Shichimi-togarashi (seven flavor chili pepper) if you like
1. Tear Konnyaku into chunks with a spoon or your hands. Boil from water then drain.
2. Wash Aburaage with running water (to remove excess oil), drain well, and cut into thin strips.
3. Cut turnip bulbs into wedges. Chop turnip greens coarsely.
4. Thinly slice the carrot (cut into thin rounds, half moons, or quarter rounds depending on the size of the carrot).
5. Thinly slice Shiitake mushrooms.
6. Put Dashi stock in a large pot. Add turnip wedges, carrot slices, Aburaage, and Konnyaku, then cook for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, dilute the Sakekasu and 4tbsp. of Miso in a little bit of broth to prevent lumping.
7. Return the diluted Sakekasu and Miso to the soup. Add Shiitake and turnip greens, then cook for 5 minutes. Taste and add more Miso to adjust the flavor.
8. Serve in a dish and sprinkle with Shichimi-togarashi (seven flavor chili pepper) if you like.
*the green leaves of turnips are where most of the nutrients are found
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, March 25, 2016
Kasujiru (Sakekasu / Sake Lees Miso Soup) using Turnips for Vegetarian - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...