Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom).
This video will show you how to make Kansai-style Sakura Mochi.
Kansai-style uses Domyoji powder (it is made of Mochi rice steamed, dried, and pounded very rough). The Mochi cake has rough and chewy texture. Anko is wrapped inside and covered with salty Sakura leaf. The leaf is edible but it is up to you (you can remove it).
Kanto-style has a pink crepe-like rice cake around the Anko.
Number of servings: 10 pieces
140g (5oz.) Domyoji powder
1 tbsp. sugar
200ml warm water
a bit of red food coloring
150g (5.3oz.) Koshian (sweet red bean paste without skins)
10 salt pickled Sakura leaves
1. Soak salt pickled Sakura leaves in water for 30 minutes to remove the salty flavor. Then drain well with paper towel.
2. Roll Koshian into 10 balls (15g each).
3. Place warm water in a microwavable bowl. Add a bit of red food coloring till you get pastel pink. Add sugar and mix well. Then add Domyoji powder and mix again.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 600 watts for 6 minutes. When it's done, leave in the microwave for 10 minutes to set.
5. Uncover and mix well. Place it in plastic wrap and shape into a log. Cut the log into 10 pieces.
6. Moisten your hands with water and flatten out the rice cake. Wrap the Anko and form the rice into a cylinder.
7. Wrap with Sakura leaves to finish.
If you don't have Domyoji powder, you can cook Mochi Rice and pound.
Anko (sweet red bean paste) from scratch video is HERE:
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...