Spaghetti Napolitan sounds like an Italian dish; however, it is a very popular Japanese pasta dish, a mealtime favorite across Japan.
It is mainly seasoned with tomato Ketchup. Please use Kagome tomato ketchup for better taste ;)
I used less tomato ketchup for my 1-year-old daughter. It is a perfect dish for babies!!! For adults, you can season it with additional tomato ketchup right before you eat ;)
Number of servings: 2 adults and 1~2 babies
200g (7oz.) spaghetti
100g (3.5oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
50g (1.8oz.) green pepper
2 slices of ham
1/2 consomme cube or powder
2 or more tbsp. tomato ketchup
5 tbsp. canned diced tomatoes
1 tsp. olive oil
grated parmesan cheese
1. Slice the onion. Thinly slice the carrot, green pepper, and ham.
2. Cook spaghetti as directed on its package.
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, stir-fry onion and carrot slices until tender. Then add ham and green pepper and cook until just combined.
4. Mix in diced tomato, tomato ketchup, and consomme cube. Then add the spaghetti and toss to coat evenly.
5. For a baby, remove a small bowl of Napolitan (100g=3.5oz.) and place it into a small pot. Add 150ml water, then simmer until water is fully absorbed and tender. You can cut the pasta into small pieces and/or add more tomato ketchup to season it, depending on the age of your baby.
6. For adults, season the dish with additional tomato ketchup (2~6 tbsp.) to your taste. Then dust with grated parmesan cheese to finish.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Japanese Raindrop Cake looks like a big drop of water. It is a transparent jelly-like cake served with Kuromitsu (brown sugar syrup) and Kin...
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
This is a very basic recipe for Gyoza (fried dumplings)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffvdeBY6Ryw Gyoza is originally a Chinese dish,...
Harumaki was requested by my darling =) I combined my favorite shrimp and my darling's favorite meat (pork) together. http://www.yo...