Hiyashi Chuka (cold ramen) is kind of refreshing ramen salad. You can enjoy it by changing the toppings and Tare (dressing/sauce).
This video will show you how to make the very basic Hiyashi Chuka with common toppings and Shoyu-Dare (soy sauce based dressing).
Perfect dish during the hot and humid summer season. However it can be served all year long ;)
Hiyashi Chuka (Cold Ramen Noodles)
Number of servings: 2
2 packages fresh Ramen noodles
4 slices ham
a pinch of salt
Shoyu-Dare (soy sauce dressing)
* 50ml water
* 50ml vinegar (rice or cereal)
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1.5 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. sesame oil
* a pinch of salt
1 tbsp. ground toasted white sesame seeds
1. Mix the ingredients for Shoyu-Dare and cool in the fridge.
2. Cut ham and cucumber into thin strips. Cut tomato into wedges.
3. Season an egg with a pinch of salt, then mix well. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and make 1 or 2 thin omelets (depending on the size of your frying pan). Leave to cool on a plate, then cut into thin strips.
4. In a large pot, boil water. Add fresh Ramen noodles in the boiling water and gently stir noodles with chopsticks. Cook Ramen noodles according to your package (mine was 3 min). Drain the noodles in a strainer and rinse the noodles under cold water for a few times to remove starch. Then drain well again and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Place the cold noodles in a dish and sprinkle with ground toasted white sesame seeds. Arrange the toppings. Pour over the sauce right before you eat.
Serve with Karashi (Japanese mustard) if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Japanese style gender reveal sweet treat idea!!! You will find Black Moor Goldfish if it is a boy, Red Goldfish if it is a girl =) https:...
You need only 2 ingredients! Super easy comfort food, perfect on cold weather. Healthier than drinking hot chocolate ;) https://www.you...
Harihari came from the crunchy texture of Daikon radish. This dish goes great with white rice! Not really for bento box because it smells :P...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Anmitsu is a traditional Japanese healthy Wagashi (dessert) mainly consists of small cubes of Kanten (agar agar) jelly, Anko (sweet red bean...
Quick and easy recipe using a frying pan. Fluffy, moist and chewy!!! You can add spices if you like ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K...
Sakura Mochi is Wagashi (Japanese confectionery) which is pink like Sakura (cherry blossom). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xdNGcAg5k ...
Mix and bake! Super easy and healthy!!! Very rich and tasty without dairy product. yum Note: please use a square cake pan for the brownie...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...