Hiyashi Chuka (cold ramen) is kind of refreshing ramen salad. You can enjoy it by changing the toppings and Tare (dressing/sauce).
This video will show you how to make the very basic Hiyashi Chuka with common toppings and Shoyu-Dare (soy sauce based dressing).
Perfect dish during the hot and humid summer season. However it can be served all year long ;)
Hiyashi Chuka (Cold Ramen Noodles)
Number of servings: 2
2 packages fresh Ramen noodles
4 slices ham
a pinch of salt
Shoyu-Dare (soy sauce dressing)
* 50ml water
* 50ml vinegar (rice or cereal)
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1.5 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. sesame oil
* a pinch of salt
1 tbsp. ground toasted white sesame seeds
1. Mix the ingredients for Shoyu-Dare and cool in the fridge.
2. Cut ham and cucumber into thin strips. Cut tomato into wedges.
3. Season an egg with a pinch of salt, then mix well. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and make 1 or 2 thin omelets (depending on the size of your frying pan). Leave to cool on a plate, then cut into thin strips.
4. In a large pot, boil water. Add fresh Ramen noodles in the boiling water and gently stir noodles with chopsticks. Cook Ramen noodles according to your package (mine was 3 min). Drain the noodles in a strainer and rinse the noodles under cold water for a few times to remove starch. Then drain well again and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Place the cold noodles in a dish and sprinkle with ground toasted white sesame seeds. Arrange the toppings. Pour over the sauce right before you eat.
Serve with Karashi (Japanese mustard) if you like.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
I eat sesame seed snack every day, so I decided to make this :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qf1D8wv20 Since maple syrup is very s...