Harusame Salad is a very refreshing noodle salad with lots of vegetables. Perfect dish during the hot and humid summer season. However it can be served all year long ;)
Vegetarian people can remove the ham and egg (seasonings are just fine, so you don't have to add anything to substitute them)!
Harusame Noodle Salad
Number of servings: 4
40g (1.4oz.) Harusame noodles (cellophane noodles)
4 slices ham
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
a pinch of salt
* 1 tbsp. vinegar (rice or cereal)
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. ground toasted white sesame seeds
* 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1 tsp. sugar
lemon juice if you like
1. Cut ham and cucumber into thin strips.
2. Cut carrot into thin strips, place them on a microwavable dish, cover with plastic wrap, then microwave at 500w for 1 minute to make them soft.
3. Season an egg with a pinch of salt, then mix well. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and make 1 or 2 thin omelets (depending on the size of your frying pan). Leave to cool on a plate, then cut into thin strips.
4. Cook Harusame noodles in boiling water, wash with cold water, cut into bite size pieces if necessary, then drain well.
5. In a large bowl, mix the seasonings. Add cucumber, ham, carrot, egg, and Harusame, then toss well to coat. If you like, you can mix in some lemon juice to finish to add more refreshing flavor ;)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Thursday, July 14, 2016
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Have you seen the movie Ponyo (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZffjrTR1M This video will show you how ...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...