Don't worry if you don't have a steamer. You can make Shumai in a frying pan!
Shumai or Siu Mai is a dim sum favorite, with an easy pork/shrimp filling. Canned ingredients (scallops and crab meat) give nice flavor. You can eat them without soy sauce dipping ;) Perfect for parties and Bento lunch box!!!
Easy n' Delicious Shumai Dumplings in a Frying Pan
Number of servings: about 30 pieces
30 Shumai wrappers (or wonton wrappers)
* 250g (8.8oz.) ground pork
* 100g (3.5oz.) chopped prawn
* 50g (1.8oz.) canned scallops
* 50g (1.8oz.) canned crab meat
* 4 tbsp. chopped long onion
* 2 chopped dried Shiitake mushrooms
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1/2 tbsp. sugar
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
* salt and pepper
green peas if you like
1. Put the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and mix well by hand (hand is better but using a spoon is okay) until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
2. Place the filling in the middle of the wrapper. Then form an "o" with your left hand and push the filling into the "o" to shape into a little cylinder. Drop onto a counter to flatten out the bottom. Use a spoon to fold in the edges. Top with a green pea if you like. (please watch the video)
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Place the Shumai and cook on high heat until the bottoms become a bit brown. Add 100ml water, when it becomes to a boil, cover, and steam on med-low heat for 10 min until cooked. Uncover and cook until the water is gone.
Serve with a mixture of soy sauce and a little yellow mustard if preferred.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, September 9, 2016
Easy n' Delicious Shumai Dumplings in a Frying Pan - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...