Don't worry if you don't have a steamer. You can make Shumai in a frying pan!
Shumai or Siu Mai is a dim sum favorite, with an easy pork/shrimp filling. Canned ingredients (scallops and crab meat) give nice flavor. You can eat them without soy sauce dipping ;) Perfect for parties and Bento lunch box!!!
Easy n' Delicious Shumai Dumplings in a Frying Pan
Number of servings: about 30 pieces
30 Shumai wrappers (or wonton wrappers)
* 250g (8.8oz.) ground pork
* 100g (3.5oz.) chopped prawn
* 50g (1.8oz.) canned scallops
* 50g (1.8oz.) canned crab meat
* 4 tbsp. chopped long onion
* 2 chopped dried Shiitake mushrooms
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* 1/2 tbsp. sugar
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
* salt and pepper
green peas if you like
1. Put the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and mix well by hand (hand is better but using a spoon is okay) until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
2. Place the filling in the middle of the wrapper. Then form an "o" with your left hand and push the filling into the "o" to shape into a little cylinder. Drop onto a counter to flatten out the bottom. Use a spoon to fold in the edges. Top with a green pea if you like. (please watch the video)
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Place the Shumai and cook on high heat until the bottoms become a bit brown. Add 100ml water, when it becomes to a boil, cover, and steam on med-low heat for 10 min until cooked. Uncover and cook until the water is gone.
Serve with a mixture of soy sauce and a little yellow mustard if preferred.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Friday, September 9, 2016
Easy n' Delicious Shumai Dumplings in a Frying Pan - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
This video will show you how to make Konbini-style Sandwiches, wrapped in plastic bag. Perfect for lunch to go!!! https://www.youtube.com...
Monjayaki is a local dish of Tokyo. It is a type of Japanese pan-fried batter with various ingredients. Ingredients are similar to Okonomi...
Ochazuke (or Chazuke) is a simple dish made by pouring green tea, Dashi broth, or hot water over cooked rice with toppings. It is a quick di...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
Very Kawaii and great idea for parties ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Avu5pylxI Product I used: Takara TOMY Disney Princess Co...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWll7V-DOqY I used this cake kit: http://astore.amazon.co.jp/shopping072-22/detail/B007J0PZWW Strawber...
#1 How to Make Totoro Onigiri (Rice Balls) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqnPeKD_X-o #2 How to Make Onigiri Sticks (Rice Bars) https:...