Google+

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

How to Make Japanese Potato Salad - Video Recipe

This is a typical & basic Japanese potato salad. I received many requests from my viewers, so I finally made it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACYOzrT6B8A

Neatly preparing each ingredient is the key to make delicious potato salad. Take time and enjoy!!!



---------------------------------
Japanese Potato Salad

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 30min
Number of servings: 4

Ingredients:
300g (10.6oz.) potato
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
50g (1.8oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) cucumber
2 cooked sliced ham
1/2 cup whole kernel corn (canned)
1/2 tbsp. vinegar (rice or cereal)
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Slice the onion, sprinkle with a bit of salt, then leave for 2~3 minutes until tender. Wash and drain well with paper towel. *in this way you can remove the bitter taste and unwanted smell of the onion.
2. Slice the cucumber into thin rounds (you can use a vegetable slicer if you have). Sprinkle with a bit of salt. When they become tender, drain well with paper towel. *removing extra water from cucumber will help not make the salad soggy.
3. Cut sliced ham into 1/2inch (1cm) square pieces.
4. Slice the potato into 1/2inch (1cm) half rounds. Place them in a pot, lightly wash (to remove extra starch), add water until covered, add 1/2 tsp. salt, then put on the heat. When it becomes to a boil, turn down to medium and cook for about 12 minutes. Check with a skewer, when they are done, drain well, transfer into a bowl and mash them with a fork while they are hot. Season with 1/2 tbsp. vinegar, salt and pepper. *these seasonings will make the potato tasty.
5. Slice the carrot into 0.1inch (3mm) quarter rounds. Cook in a boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain well.
6. When the potato and carrot are cool enough, combine all the ingredients together in one bowl, then season with 4 tbsp. mayonnaise, salt and pepper.

レシピ(日本語)
http://cooklabo.blogspot.jp/2014/06/blog-post_24.html
---------------------------------


♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron

♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/

♥Follow me on twitter♥
http://twitter.com/ochikeron (English)
http://twitter.com/alohaforever (Japanese)

♥My Cookbook♥

8 comments:

  1. I love Japanese potato salad and I made your recipe last night! It was everything I wanted it to be, but my onions were too strong.. haha :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh too bad... i hear onions in some countries are not good X( please skip it the next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the video for this I wasn't sure. Here in the U.S. potato salad is pretty serious. Everyone has a family recipe/version they eat, and will not try anything else!

    I was intrigued by your video and every one of your recipes I've tried has been a new family favorite. Plus it was an excuse to use Japanese mayo, my fav.

    Thank you for a new and interesting alternative to the usual potato salad I make. It was really delicious. (and I couldn't wait 24hrs to try it haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thank you for trying it out then ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. WARNING!

    There’s JUST ONE REASON you might fail on the Paleo Diet and it has everything to do with your ability to make delicious food, FAST.

    But now, with this stunningly simple cookbook I’ll show you how to cook savory, mouth-watering meals in minutes for some of the busiest Paleo eaters in the world...

    For more info please click on the following link: How To Cook Tasty Dishes

    Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you use regular American mayonnaise (Best Foods or similar) or the Kewpie mayonnaise (I think that is what the Japanese mayonnaise is called)? I heard they taste different. I can't wait to try this out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days