Friday, January 25, 2008

Lucky Eho-Maki

Hi! Today it is very cold but sunny :)
But yesterday it was kind of stormy day for me. The weather was also windy but here I am talking about my life...

I first realized that the sour drink I "remade" the other day was unsuccessful :(
It's a long story, so I won't write it today, but I was shocked.
Then as usual, my supervisor was annoying!
Finally, by the time I go home, I realized that I forgot my key at home.
I ran to the real-estate office since it was just 10 past 18:00, in hope that there is someone at the office!
And that was right!
I luckily got the key and went home.
It was a tiring day.

Anyway, here I want to talk about something happy :)
February 3rd is Setsubun. It is the day before the beginning of Risshun (spring season).
On Setsubun, we cleanse away all the evil of the former year and drive away disease-bringing evil spirits for the year to come. This special ritual is called Mamemaki (bean scattering).
On this day, it is customary now to eat uncut maki-zushi called Eho-Maki ("lucky direction roll") while facing the yearly lucky compass direction, determined by the zodiac symbol of that year.
The lucky direction of the year 2008 is Hinoe direction.
I don't understand the meaning very well, but it is the direction of south by east (between south-southeast and south). Too complicated!!! So, if you eat Eho-Maki facing in that direction it will bring you luck. But just remember not to say "delicious" while eating. You have to eat all without speaking!

So today, I will show you my Eho-Maki that I made last year.
I named it "Lucky Eho-Maki".
I used seven lucky ingredients including lucky colors such as red and yellow: smoked salmon, corn, onion, baby leaves, avocado, mustard mayonnaise, and coarse grind black pepper.

I am now thinking what kind of Eho-Maki to make this year.

Okay, this is all for today.
Have a nice weekend!!!

Please click below and vote for me.



Popular Posts - Last 7 days