Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Simmered Chicken in Grated Potato

Hello!
Today, it was windy but clear and sunny!
Unfortunately, most of the cherry blossom flowers (not only the petals) were falling in the wind... It might have been the last chance to go to ohanami and take pictures!!!

Actually, I just came home. It is almost 0:00.
Tonight, after work, I went out to see cherry blossoms with my co-workers at Chidorigabuchi, where is famous for ohanami.
I was wondering whether I should go or not since I forgot to bring my camera (single-lens reflex camera) with me...
Also, I don't like to hang out after work...
However, the other co-worker let me borrow his camera so I went.

There were so many people that I couldn't really enjoy.
I hate the crowd!!!
Also, the camera I borrowed didn't work well.
I mean, the settings were complicated and I couldn't get used to...
Okay, enough!

Oh my god! There is too much to write!!!
Might write tomorrow.

Today, I will simply post the recipe that I translated at lunch break and go to bed.
It is one of my favorite dishes that my mother cooks!



---------------------------------
Simmered Chicken in Grated Potato

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 15min
Number of servings: 2

Ingredients:
300g (0.66lb.) chicken breast (no skin)
100g (0.2lb.) potato
1 tbsp. sake
1 cup water (200cc)
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
salt
cooking oil
shiraganegi (thin stripped long onion (white part only), soak in cold water for a few minutes)

Directions:
1. Slice chicken diagonally into bite-size.
2. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan cook chicken until no longer pink.
3. Add sake and water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then Add sugar, soy sauce and a little bit of salt.
4. Grate potato and add into 3. and simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened.
5. Serve with shiraganegi

My original recipe in Japanese is here.
---------------------------------


Good night!

Please click below and vote for me.



Popular Posts - Last 7 days