Sweet and Sour Pork (we call it "Subuta" in Japanese) is a popular Chinese dish in Japan.
Very refreshing and enhances your appetite in hot and humid summer season!
It goes great with rice. Perfect for Bento box.
Perfect recipe for Chinese New Year, too
Sweet and Sour Pork
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) pork loin chops *any portion or chicken is okay
* 2 tsp. Sake
* 2 tsp. soy sauce
100g (3.5oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) EACH bell peppers (green, red, orange, and yellow)
3 Shiitake mushrooms
50g (1.8oz.) cut pineapple *if you like
* 100ml chicken stock
* 3 tbsp. sugar
* 3 tbsp. vinegar
* 2 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. starch *corn or potato is okay
* 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
1 tbsp. cooking oil
starch *corn or potato is okay
vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Cut pork loin chops into bite-size pieces and season with A.
2. Cut onion into wedges. Cut bell peppers into bite-size pieces. Cut Shiitake mushrooms into quarters.
3. Mix the seasonings B.
4. Drain the seasoned pork pieces and dust them with starch. Deep fry them in oil at 160C (320F) for 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat cooking oil over high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and Shiitake mushrooms, then saute them until almost done.
6. Turn down to medium heat, add B, when the sauce thickens, add the deep fried pork (and cut pineapple if you like) and cook until hot.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Onsen Tamago is a traditional Japanese soft-boiled egg. The egg white is milky and the egg yolk is creamy. It makes a perfect topping for ri...
Inarizushi (稲荷寿司) is a pouch of aburaage (fried tofu) filled with sushi rice. This recipe is perfect for parties or any kind of event! I...
Fresh Wakame seaweed is in season in spring in Japan! My mom bought it as a souvenir. Wakame soup is highly nutritious soup that contains...
Japanese Doll Festival (Hinamatsuri), or Girls' Day, is held on March 3rd. On this day, we set up hina dolls (hina-ningyo) since they a...
I have had many requests to share hospital food in Japan so I decided to make this video. Meals during maternity stay were well balanced. Ho...
This recipe was once introduced on TV! It requires only 2 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8w1DFw6JG4 Perfect for parti...
Easy and fun idea to fool your family or friends. hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxmFq01egpo Perfect for April Fools Day, too XD ...
My friend Mandi sent me some gifts from Tacoma! http://createeathappy.blogspot.jp/2014/04/gifts-from-tacoma-washington.html She was a hos...
Simple yet delicious rice dish using Edamame (green soybeans)! Simple salt seasoning enhances the flavor of Edamame. Perfect for bento box :...
Easy and gorgeous Sushi idea for parties :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-U_nJ2-H0 You can of course top with your favorite fish o...