Thursday, January 27, 2011

IH Rice Cooker

After many years, I finally won an IH (Induction Heating) Rice Cooker at the contest!!!



What I currently own is a micom (microcomputer) rice cooker. It is an electric rice cooker using direct heating method calculated by a built-in computer. The heat is delivered to the inner pot by thermal conduction. Thus, the heat applied to the rice is weak compared to the gas, so some people think it is better to cook in a pan than using a micom rice cooker.

In the hope of making electric cookers better than cooking with a gas, IH (induction heating) rice cooker was invented in 1988. An electric current is passed through coils around the pot and the pot's metal itself immediately heats up, so the entire pot quickly rises to a high temperature and cooks the rice evenly. To be sure, you can cook rice perfectly without soaking in water before cooking!



What I won is an IH rice cooker with an additional "pressure cooking" function (Sanyo ECJ-XW100). As seen in the image, the rice is stirred up by the pressure and cooked more evenly just like it cooked in the furnace!



Rice is the staple of Japan. There is no wonder most Japanese have a rice cooker at home. But our budget rice cooker (6 years ago) was micom so I kept on using it, hoping I could win the IH rice cooker someday, and now my dream came true!!! Anyway, I will keep my micom rice cooker because IH consumes a lot of electricity and I might not want to cook flavored rice with it because the flavored rice leaves the smell after cooking.

Anyways, I am happy that I can cook tastier rice at home!!!

Do you have a rice cooker at home?!

Please click below and vote for me.
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

Popular Posts - Last 7 days