Nasu no Dengaku is grilled Japanese eggplant with sweet miso sauce.
You can serve this as an appetizer.
It goes great with rice, too.
Perfect dish for bento box!
Nasu no Dengaku
Time: 25 min
Number of servings: 4
2-3 (350g=12.5oz.) eggplants
* 2 tbsp. Miso
* 2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2 tbsp. Dashi broth (add a pinch of Dashi powder in water)
* 1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. sesame oil
toasted white sesame seeds
1. Place A in a saucepan and simmer on low for 10 minutes (stirring constantly) until thick, shiny, and smooth. Stop the heat and mix in sesame oil to taste.
2. Remove the stems from the eggplants. Partially strip the skin with a peeler (it makes it look good & improves the texture). Slice the eggplants into 1-inch rounds. Make diagonal incisions at the top (on one side) and soak them in water to remove the bitter taste. Then dry with paper towels.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Place the eggplants (incision sides down), cover, and cook on low for 7 minutes. Then flip them over and cook for 3 more minutes until tender.
4. Top the eggplants with the miso sauce. Bake in the oven or toaster oven until the tops are dark brown. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to finish.
I used Chef's Torch to sear :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
わらび餅 (Warabi-Mochi) is traditional Japanese jelly-like Mochi-like confectionery (和菓子 wagashi). To make the authentic one, you will need わらび粉...
Fujiya Country Ma'am Chocolate Chip Cookies are very popular soft and chewy cookies in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewoSIL...
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to my ...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...