Nasu no Dengaku is grilled Japanese eggplant with sweet miso sauce.
You can serve this as an appetizer.
It goes great with rice, too.
Perfect dish for bento box!
Nasu no Dengaku
Time: 25 min
Number of servings: 4
2-3 (350g=12.5oz.) eggplants
* 2 tbsp. Miso
* 2 tbsp. Mirin (sweet Sake)
* 2 tbsp. Dashi broth (add a pinch of Dashi powder in water)
* 1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. sesame oil
toasted white sesame seeds
1. Place A in a saucepan and simmer on low for 10 minutes (stirring constantly) until thick, shiny, and smooth. Stop the heat and mix in sesame oil to taste.
2. Remove the stems from the eggplants. Partially strip the skin with a peeler (it makes it look good & improves the texture). Slice the eggplants into 1-inch rounds. Make diagonal incisions at the top (on one side) and soak them in water to remove the bitter taste. Then dry with paper towels.
3. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Place the eggplants (incision sides down), cover, and cook on low for 7 minutes. Then flip them over and cook for 3 more minutes until tender.
4. Top the eggplants with the miso sauce. Bake in the oven or toaster oven until the tops are dark brown. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to finish.
I used Chef's Torch to sear :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Hayashi Rice (also called Hashed Beef) is a very popular Western-style rice dish in Japan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkG1ThrfdTw Y...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...
Very easy and beautiful idea to decorate your sweets :) Sakura will be in bloom in April. Can't wait for spring to come!!! http://...
Baumkuchen is a kind of layered cake invented in Germany. It is a very popular cake in Japan. The most popular wedding favor, too! http:...
A cute Korean song by Hari (하리)! This video is not related to cooking, so it is unlisted (those who know the link can watch). hehe 韓国やタイ...