"Menchi Katsu" is Minced Meat Cutlet. It is kind of croquette, usually made from the mixture of minced/ground meat (beef or pork, or both) and minced cabbage.
In this recipe, I used broccoli instead of the cabbage. It turned out amazingly tasty and delicious.
You must try this out ;)
Broccoli Menchi Katsu (Minced Meat Cutlet)
Number of servings: 4
150g (5.3oz.) ground beef and pork mixture
150g (5.3oz.) frozen broccoli
50g (1.7oz.) chopped onion
30g (1.0oz.) chopped carrot
1/2 cup Panko (bread crumbs)
salt and cracked black pepper
1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for deep frying
mayonnaise (if you like)
shredded cabbage and tomatoes (if you like)
1. Defrost and chop the frozen broccoli. Of corse, you can boil the fresh one.
2. Heat sesame oil in a small saucepan and saute the chopped onion and carrot until soft. Then leave to cool.
3. Place ground beef and pork mixture, (1.), (2.), 1/2 cup of Panko (bread crumbs), salt and cracked black pepper in a bowl and mix them by hand until the mixture comes together and sticky.
4. Make the mixture flat in the pan and divide it into 4 equal portions. Make flat and round patties. Coat each piece with flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat with Panko.
5. Deep fry them in oil at 170C (340F), flip them over occasionally for a few times, until cooked golden brown. Then drain well.
6. Serve with vegetables of your choice. Eat with Tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise (if you like).
Healthy Pan-Fried Minced Cutlet (Menchi Katsu)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popul...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Please follow my Instagram!!! I share pics out of habit ;) Please find "ochikeron" at Instagram ;) http://instagram.com/och...
Tear 'n' Share bread is going viral in Japan, so I decided to make the most requested Cinnamon Rolls recipe ;) https://www.youtub...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
This is how I want to make my Jar Salad ;) You can of course arrange it in the way you want. I hope you get an idea from this video!!! L...
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...