"Menchi Katsu" is Minced Meat Cutlet. It is kind of croquette, usually made from the mixture of minced/ground meat (beef or pork, or both) and minced cabbage.
In this recipe, I used broccoli instead of the cabbage. It turned out amazingly tasty and delicious.
You must try this out ;)
Broccoli Menchi Katsu (Minced Meat Cutlet)
Number of servings: 4
150g (5.3oz.) ground beef and pork mixture
150g (5.3oz.) frozen broccoli
50g (1.7oz.) chopped onion
30g (1.0oz.) chopped carrot
1/2 cup Panko (bread crumbs)
salt and cracked black pepper
1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for deep frying
mayonnaise (if you like)
shredded cabbage and tomatoes (if you like)
1. Defrost and chop the frozen broccoli. Of corse, you can boil the fresh one.
2. Heat sesame oil in a small saucepan and saute the chopped onion and carrot until soft. Then leave to cool.
3. Place ground beef and pork mixture, (1.), (2.), 1/2 cup of Panko (bread crumbs), salt and cracked black pepper in a bowl and mix them by hand until the mixture comes together and sticky.
4. Make the mixture flat in the pan and divide it into 4 equal portions. Make flat and round patties. Coat each piece with flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat with Panko.
5. Deep fry them in oil at 170C (340F), flip them over occasionally for a few times, until cooked golden brown. Then drain well.
6. Serve with vegetables of your choice. Eat with Tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise (if you like).
Healthy Pan-Fried Minced Cutlet (Menchi Katsu)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to my ...
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...
Using this kit, you can avoid burning cookies in the microwave, like the ones I made before . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0undbKxnA...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Just make sure you harden it up in the freezer before you cut. Then you can make this easy and beautiful cookies with no worries ;) https...
10/10 is our 4th wedding anniversary. My darling's company allows to take an anniversary leave, so he took a day off yesterday (10/9) wh...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
On 3/12, the day after the Miyagi Quake , our renovation was completed. In the midst of the afterquakes, we made final checks... how scary X...
Popin' Cookin' is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that stretches kids' curiosity :) Alth...