"Menchi Katsu" is Minced Meat Cutlet. It is kind of croquette, usually made from the mixture of minced/ground meat (beef or pork, or both) and minced cabbage.
In this recipe, I used broccoli instead of the cabbage. It turned out amazingly tasty and delicious.
You must try this out ;)
Broccoli Menchi Katsu (Minced Meat Cutlet)
Number of servings: 4
150g (5.3oz.) ground beef and pork mixture
150g (5.3oz.) frozen broccoli
50g (1.7oz.) chopped onion
30g (1.0oz.) chopped carrot
1/2 cup Panko (bread crumbs)
salt and cracked black pepper
1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
* beaten egg
* Panko (bread crumbs)
vegetable oil for deep frying
mayonnaise (if you like)
shredded cabbage and tomatoes (if you like)
1. Defrost and chop the frozen broccoli. Of corse, you can boil the fresh one.
2. Heat sesame oil in a small saucepan and saute the chopped onion and carrot until soft. Then leave to cool.
3. Place ground beef and pork mixture, (1.), (2.), 1/2 cup of Panko (bread crumbs), salt and cracked black pepper in a bowl and mix them by hand until the mixture comes together and sticky.
4. Make the mixture flat in the pan and divide it into 4 equal portions. Make flat and round patties. Coat each piece with flour, dip in beaten egg, and coat with Panko.
5. Deep fry them in oil at 170C (340F), flip them over occasionally for a few times, until cooked golden brown. Then drain well.
6. Serve with vegetables of your choice. Eat with Tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise (if you like).
Healthy Pan-Fried Minced Cutlet (Menchi Katsu)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Recently, this "Whole Tomato Rice" is talked about on the Internet and TV in Japan, so I tried it out!!! Yes! It is simple yet d...
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to my ...
Yakiniku (焼肉) is Japanese Grilled Meat. In this video, I will show you how to make Yakiniku in a blink ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Fujiya Country Ma'am Chocolate Chip Cookies are very popular soft and chewy cookies in Japan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewoSIL...
I received many requests for sesame seed dressing. Those requests weren't that specific, but I am guessing they want the creamy one, whi...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...