Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pretz Limited Flavors

We have high 95F (35C) again today.
Very tiring weather almost daily :(

This week some people at my workplace are taking summer vacation. Many people take summer vacation during the Bon period and go back to their hometowns. Obon or just Bon is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the departed spirits of one's ancestors. It takes place every year from August 13th to 16th.
I took my summer vacation already in the end of June (to NY), so I have to go to work, but it is not that bad because the train is not packed and I don't have a lot of work to do :)

One of my co-workers went to Nagano prefecture and bought us Nozawana flavored Pretz for a souvenir!
Nozawana is a Japanese pickled leaf vegetable. It is one of the most typical souvenirs in Nagano prefecture!
Pretz is a popular Japanese long-selling stick-shaped snack. I think some of you know this because I saw it at Asian grocery stores in NY when I lived there. It mostly comes in savory flavors: roast, salad, tomato, pizza, and many others. In Japan, in addition to the standard flavors, Ezaki Glico (the manufacturer) sells Pretz exclusively in specific regions.
My co-worker found one in Nagano, which is Nozawana, and bought for us! It uses 5% of Nozawana and small amount of chili pepper. Hmm... I can hardly taste them...
Anyway, we sure had a fun time ;)

Changing my story... do I carry a heavy bag?! My left shoulder hurts :( I feel like getting old, hurting many parts of my body so easily once in a while...

Tonight, I am seeing my friend who opened a cafe restaurant 2 years ago. She was my co-worker! I believe we will have a stimulating talk ;)

Please click below and vote for me.

ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ Top Food & Drink blogs

Popular Posts - Last 7 days