Looking for a cute non-sweet chocolate recipe for Valentines Day?!This is non-sweet cocoa taste corn dogs. I created this for my darling who LOVE's sausage but not the sweets :)
I used Hot Cake Mix for the batter to save time. Hot Cake Mix is a product from Japan to cook pancakes. I am sure it is available at Asian grocery stores overseas. FYI: Morinaga and Showa is famous for the Mix.
---------------------------------
Love Heart Chocolate Corn Dogs
Difficulty: Easy
Time: 15min
Number of servings: 10 corn dogs
Ingredients:
A
* 50g (1.7oz) hot cake mix
* 1/2 egg
* 1 tsp. cocoa powder
* 30cc water or milk
10 sausage (10cm/4in long)
vegetable oil for frying
ketchup
Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix A well.
2. Cut a sausage diagonally and join the cut sides reversely with a toothpick to look like heart.
3. Dip the heart-shaped sausages in the batter and deep fry at 170C (340F) until golden.
4. Carefully remove the toothpicks and serve with ketchup.My original recipe in Japanese is here.
---------------------------------
Click HERE to view other Valentine's Day recipe ideas.
XOXO
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
http://www.youtube.com/ochikeron
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
http://www.facebook.com/Ochikeron/
♥Follow me on twitter♥
http://twitter.com/ochikeron (English)
http://twitter.com/alohaforever (Japanese)
♥My Cookbook♥
haha wow this is so creative! your husband must enjoy lots of yummy foods prepared by you every day :)
ReplyDeleteOchi,
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative and good wife too ^^ Enjoy your valentine's day
Tks grub,
ReplyDeleteThis one came out pretty good!!! After a lot of trial and error like you! hehe.
Thanks anGeLine,
ReplyDeleteI bought a nice card for my darling this year. I can't wait to give him :) Did you get something for alvin?!
This is such a great idea! I love how you're so thoughtful and always trying to come up with savory desserts for your hunni!!! Unfortunately I am not as creative, one time, I tried to bake a small cake for my bf but I had to bake it 3 times before I got it ok. LOL My dog at one whole cake too, sigh bad dog!!! Valentines day is almost here! Are you two planning on doing anything special?
ReplyDeleteOchi,
ReplyDeleteWow,creative!! I never thought this can be this easy.
You're so professional!
Thanks suki!
ReplyDeleteYou are so nice! I seldom recreate when failed. LoL
As you see, nothing special yesterday. Too busy on the weekdays. Hope we do something on the weekend.
Hi jose,
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yep. It is easy ;)