Monday, April 28, 2008

SWEET MONAKA CREAM

Hello!
It is nice and clear today.

Last time I wrote that my boyfriend has Golden Week holidays from 4/29-5/5 though we regularly work on 30th, 1st and 2nd.
You know what!? I'm gonna take 3 days off, too!
Actually, we don't have that many plans, but we have a plan to stay the night in Yokohama!
During Golden Week holidays, people go somewhere, so it must be crowded everywhere. Also, it is pretty expensive to travel, so we planned to visit a place nearby!
We have reserved a nice hotel, and luckily, it happens to have a chef Wakiya's "Turandot" restaurant! I won a meal voucher for the restaurant in March!
Of course I reserved the restaurant!
I will write about it if I have a chance :)

Different story.
On April 22nd, very cute monaka ice cream store called "SWEET MONAKA CREAM" has opened in Shinjuku station!
Monaka is a Japanese sweet made of azuki bean filling sandwiched between two thin crisp wafers made from mochi.
Instead of azuki filling, MONAKA CREAM uses ice cream filling!
I haven't tried it yet, but I always pass through.
There are 12 different flavors: strawberry, chocolate, milk, green tea, banana, raspberry, mint chocolate, pumpkin, melon, blueberry, caramel, and purple potato.
Those wafers are made by Japanese cake confectioner, made of 100% mochi ! Those ice creams are made by Italian gelato chef, use a lot of milk!
Hope I could try out someday soon!

Okay, I might see you after the holidays!
Bye for now :)

Please click below and vote for me.



Popular Posts - Last 7 days