Thursday, May 22, 2008

European-Style Curry and Rice

Today, it is nice and sunny again!
But I remain deep in the shock... I lost one of the big contests. The result is not yet released, but I realized it from the package I received yesterday, which was the lowest award! Always things don't go my way. I knew it and was true :(

Snap out of it!
I went out to eat lunch with my co-worker.
We had curry and rice at a famous curry restaurant called "Aubergine" near our workplace. They serve European-style curry and rice. They use special onion paste and simmer the curry for about 2 days. They have 4 levels of spice. Their butter rice cooked with spices goes great with the curry and brings out the rich flavor of curry!
I had a vegetable curry using seasonal vegetables. By eating it, I realized that the seasoning was similar to the Mediterranean Curry roux which I used for my curry and rice the other day! I think S&B did a great job!!!

Different story.
Last night, I went to the spa again. This time, I had a free facial treatment. It is for free for three times since I purchased the IPL treatment package in April.
The spa uses Environ products, which are forefront of scientific skin care. I had a vitamin therapy, which involves the use of electric current to facilitate greater penetration of vitamins A, C, E and beta-carotene into the skin.
The therapy wasn't that bad, but I didn't like the way they removed my makeup. I thought it wasn't thorough... which was kind of uncomfortable. Anyway, I have 2 more times to try out, so will see!

Again, different story.
Yesterday, I found an interesting software while searching how to backup my Blogger posts.
Blogger Backup: a simple utility to backup to local disk your Blogger posts.
Using the GData C# Library, the utility will walk backward in time, from your latest post to your last, saving each post to a local Atom/XML file.
I used it and was great! It saves all the posts (only text, no images) in few seconds!

There is another tool that saves images as well. Firefox add-ons called DownThemAll. I haven't tried it yet since I use IE. Also, all Blogger images are saved in Picasa web album automatically, so I thought it is not that necessary to save images.

Also, there is an instruction at Blogger Help.
How do I create a backup of my entire blog?
But this requires the modification of your template, so it isn't that convenient if you want to back up your blog on a regular basis.

It is good to have a shelter against every storm :)

Oops, I was going to translate my recipe, but running out of time!
Hope I can tomorrow!!!

Please click below and vote for me.



Popular Posts - Last 7 days