Monday, April 7, 2008

Mediterranean Curry

Sakura season has ended.
It is passing fast year by year...

On Saturday, my boyfriend told me that he has Golden Week holidays from 4/29-5/5! Regularly, we work on 30th, 1st and 2nd. How lucky he is!!!

You know what?!
I am sometimes, or always easily annoyed by little things.
I didn't used to be like this, but recently I am not satisfied with many things around me.
So... My boyfriend told me to appreciate everything.
He says I will be happy then.
Right... He is always a happy person!
I wish I could think in his way.
And I am trying to... but looking at reality at work...everybody lacks power, very slow and... I can't take it!!!

When I was a student, I didn't like to do my homework.
But now, I think that was an easy task!
Now I am seriously thinking what I want to do in my life.
I am addicted to cooking, but I believe that is not everything.
Maybe this is why I get depressed sometimes...

Anyway!

On 4/4, I made curry and rice for my boyfriend's 33rd birthday.
As I wrote before, curry and rice is one of my boyfriend's favorite dishes!
I used his favorite vegetable: shishitougarashi (Japanese peppers)!
It has little hot taste but not like chili peppers!
It is more like green peppers.

In Japan, we use "curry roux" to make curry and rice.
It is something different from those served in Thailand or India.
Less spicy and rich in taste.

There are many different kinds of curry roux in Japan.
This time, I used one I got from S&B for a free sample.
The product is called Mediterranean Curry.
It's by French chef called Daniel Martin.
It's sales points are Mediterranean ingredients, such as rich Italian tomatoes and Spanish olives, that complement the spicy taste of curry.
It went great with shishitogarashi!!!

The recipe in Japanese is here.
I have standard curry and rice recipe, too :)

Okay, see you tomorrow again!

Please click below and vote for me.



Popular Posts - Last 7 days