Friday, September 11, 2009

Colorful Vegetables Steamed Rice

Yes! I finally got a chance to translate it!

I used plenty of colorful vegetable chunks for this steamed rice. I browned the meat and vegetables before I cook in the rice cooker, which makes the rice more tasty ;)




---------------------------------
Colorful Vegetables Steamed Rice

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 30min + rice cooking time
Number of servings: 4

Necessary Equipment:
suihanki (Japanese rice cooker)

Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
100g (3.5oz.) chicken thigh
100g (3.5oz.) seafood mix
100g (3.5oz.) shimeji mushrooms
75g () zucchini
100g (3.5oz.) bell peppers (mix red, orange, and yellow)
100g (3.5oz.) grape tomatoes (mix red, yellow, and orange)
1 garlic clove
50g (1.7oz.) onion
A
* 1 crunched consomme cube
* 1 tsp. salt
cracked black pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
lemon wedge

Directions:
1. Wash rice 30 minutes prior to cooking.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Slice zucchini into 0.7inch (2cm) rounds. Remove tough base of shimeji mushrooms and broke into bite-sized chunks. Cut bell peppers to one-bite size. Cut grape tomatoes into half.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan, fry onion and garlic until soft. Turn the heat high, add chicken, seafood mix, zucchini, shimeji mushrooms, bell peppers, and grape tomatoes in order, cook until nicely browned on all sides, and remove before done.
4. Place the rice and water (to the correct water level) in a Japanese rice cooker, then add A and mix well. Put browned ingredients (3.) on top and close the cooker and switch it on.
5. When it's done, don't open and leave it for about 10 minutes to blend the flavor.
6. Open, mix well, and serve with lemon wedge.
---------------------------------


Recently, I realized my liquid-type foundation causes acne. I should better use powder-type foundation... Helena Rubinstein has great coverage but I should stop using it X( Also, I need to moisturize my skin even more since the air is getting dry.

See you next week!

Please click below and vote for me.

ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

Popular Posts - Last 7 days