Google+

Friday, January 28, 2011

Stir-Fried Ginger Pork and Cabbage

I love cabbage because it is cheap and healthy!

This recipe is the absolute best use of cabbage. The cabbage blends together well with the pork and adds volume to the dish! A hint of ginger makes it more healthy and appetizing.

It goes perfect with white rice :D

---------------------------------
Stir-Fried Ginger Pork and Cabbage

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 10min
Number of servings: 2

Ingredients:
250g (8.8oz.) thinly sliced pork
250g (8.8oz.) cabbage
1 tbsp. sake
A
* 50g (1.8oz.) grated onion
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. honey or sugar
flour
cooking oil

Directions:
1. Cut thinly sliced pork and cabbage into bite-size, and lightly flour the pork.
2. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, add pork and stir-fry until pink color is nearly gone (about 1 minute). Add cabbage, sprinkle sake, and continue cooking until cabbage is almost tender (about 3 minutes).
3. Add A and saute until coated and the sauce thickens slightly.

My original recipe in Japanese is here.
---------------------------------


Enjoy!

Please click below and vote for me.
ブログランキング・にほんブログ村へ

8 comments:

  1. Ochi,

    Do you always mix foods with sake?I never drink sake before..how does it taste?Like a wine??

    Can i use other beer or wine for this dish??

    This dish so Chinese to me..because Chinese cook dishes in this way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jose,

    Sake is made of rice, and sake for cooking tastes almost nothing.

    You know 紹興酒, right? It works almost the same as that. Removes the meat of its smell and brings up the flavor. As for this dish, you may substitute it with 紹興酒 or white wine but not beer. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ochi,

    O..i knew.Thanks for the info...I learnt a lots.

    I guess I knew beer is for drinking,not cooking.Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jose,

    I have to learn more how to use 紹興酒! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginger pork is one of my favorite food in japan.but,with cabbage...i think best balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My post about kabuhayan pinoy.
    yes!your're right.
    steamed rice with coconut milk,used a sticky rice.

    oh!thank you always for visiting my husband post.
    he spread my secret actually,specially,when it comes to a food(japanese food).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi merce-san,

    Thanks!

    You really know Japanese food and your hubby takes you to good restaurants! I envy you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi merce-san,

    Rice with coconut milk sounds sweet. Is that for dessert?!

    Your hubby is cute! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts - Last 7 days