Very simple yet delicious side dish idea for rice! No wonder a perfect dish for bento lunch box :)
If you wonder how it tastes, it tastes like teriyaki!
Worth to try it out!!!
Simmered Bonito Chunks and Shiitake Mushrooms
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: 4
250g (8.8oz.) Katsuo (bonito)
6 Shiitake mushrooms
* 3 tbsp. soy sauce
* 3 tbsp. sake (or white wine)
* 2 tbsp. sugar
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
* 100ml water
1. Cut bonito into an inch chunks. Remove stems, lightly rinse and dry with paper towels.
2. Put A in a pot. Place the bonito and Shiitake mushrooms. Cover with Otoshi Buta (drop-lid) and cook on medium for 5 minutes.
3. Stop the heat, toss to coat the liquid evenly, then leave to cool to absorb the flavours for about 30 minutes. (If you simmer too much, the fish will lose its flavor.)
4. Strain, then put the liquid back in the pot, and simmer on medium until the liquid is reduced to a thick glaze. (It can easily burn at the end, so please watch out.)
5. Put bonito and Shiitake back in the pot, simmer on medium, and toss to coat the glaze evenly.
Tuna (Maguro) or even chicken is good, too :)
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Monday, April 22, 2013
How to Make Simmered Bonito Chunks and Shiitake Mushrooms - Video Recipe
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Have you seen the movie Ponyo (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZffjrTR1M This video will show you how ...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...