This Pucchin Purin is 10 times larger than the regular one. It weighs about 1kg (2.2lb.)! WoW
Pucchin Purin is a very popular custard pudding in Japan which everyone has once tried in childhood.
Recently, it was officially recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the best selling pudding in the world
Well… as I just wrote, it is something that people feel a longing for, so don't expect an authentic flan or pudding taste from this product. LOL
BUT, I found this homemade one tastes way better and more delicious than the actual product sold at stores :) It was pretty addictive! Yummy!!!
I bought this kit online (currently not available. sorry)
You can get a refill kit, too!
I wondered why can't we just open the yellow cap instead of breaking it. BUT maybe it is to enjoy "Pucchin" which means "to break the small plastic knob of its container". hehe
By making a small hole at the bottom of the container, the pudding slowly slides out from the container onto a plate :)
FYI: the Fish T-Shirt he wore
Glico Homemade Pucchin Purin
Time: 1hr + 8hrs cooling time
Calories per kit: about 1170Kcal
What comes in the kit:
2 bags pudding powder
2 bags caramel sauce
yellow Pucchin cap
What you need:
1L (1000ml) regular milk
1 large pot (over 2L)
1 large bowl or pot (that you can put in the Purin container)
1 small saucepan
1 small bowl
1 measuring cup
1 large plate
1. Attach the yellow Pucchin cap at the bottom of the Purin container securely.
2. Put 2 bags of pudding powder in a large pot (over 2L).
3. Add about 100ml milk and mix with a spatula until smooth.
4. Add the rest of the milk little by little and mix well.
5. Heat the pot over high until boiling (stirring constantly). At the same time, make the caramel sauce.
6. Put water in a small saucepan, place 2 bags of caramel sauce, and begin to heat. When it comes to a boil, turn down to low and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stop the heat and leave them in the hot water to keep them warm.
8. When the pudding mixture comes to a boil, turn down to low, stir constantly for a minute, and stop the heat.
9. Place the pot over a pot of water, stir constantly for a minute until warm (when the bubbles fade and a thin layer of pudding sticks to the sides of the pot).
10. Use a ladle and put the pudding mixture in the Purin container.
11. Open and put the caramel sauce in a small bowl.
12. Pour the sauce into the center of the Purin container. The first half fast and the latter half slowly.
13. Cover and put in a large pot of water for about 30 minutes until lukewarm.
14. Put in the fridge (5C=41F) and let it cool for 8 hours.
15. Uncover and place a large plate on top.
16. Flip it over quickly.
17. Break the small plastic knob of the cap (the air slowly pushes out the pudding).
18. Done!!! Decorate the pudding with your favorite toppings: cream, fruits, etc…
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI, mine was 210yen (about US$2.1) in Japan. Popin’ Cookin’ is a series of Japanese intellectual training DIY candy kits by Kracie that s...
Please follow my Instagram!!! I share pics out of habit ;) Please find "ochikeron" at Instagram ;) http://instagram.com/och...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Healthy and addictive hamburger steak using NO MEAT, only Tofu :D Believe it or not, it is not at all soggy but very filling!!! https://...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Shiroi Koibito (白い恋人), literally means "White Lovers", also called Chocolat Blanc et Langue de Chat, is the best and well-known so...
The other day, I was looking for a cake pan on the Net and ended up finding many 2 ingredients chocolate cake posts! This idea must be popul...
わらび餅 (Warabi-Mochi) is traditional Japanese jelly-like Mochi-like confectionery (和菓子 wagashi). To make the authentic one, you will need わらび粉...
My darling asked me to make it so I tried it out. As you can see at the tasting scene, depending on the toppings, it changes from the street...
Moist and fluffy cupcakes with custard whipped cream filling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgWKARYqOnE I received a lot of requests f...