This Pucchin Purin is 10 times larger than the regular one. It weighs about 1kg (2.2lb.)! WoW
Pucchin Purin is a very popular custard pudding in Japan which everyone has once tried in childhood.
Recently, it was officially recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the best selling pudding in the world
Well… as I just wrote, it is something that people feel a longing for, so don't expect an authentic flan or pudding taste from this product. LOL
BUT, I found this homemade one tastes way better and more delicious than the actual product sold at stores :) It was pretty addictive! Yummy!!!
I bought this kit online (currently not available. sorry)
You can get a refill kit, too!
I wondered why can't we just open the yellow cap instead of breaking it. BUT maybe it is to enjoy "Pucchin" which means "to break the small plastic knob of its container". hehe
By making a small hole at the bottom of the container, the pudding slowly slides out from the container onto a plate :)
FYI: the Fish T-Shirt he wore
Glico Homemade Pucchin Purin
Time: 1hr + 8hrs cooling time
Calories per kit: about 1170Kcal
What comes in the kit:
2 bags pudding powder
2 bags caramel sauce
yellow Pucchin cap
What you need:
1L (1000ml) regular milk
1 large pot (over 2L)
1 large bowl or pot (that you can put in the Purin container)
1 small saucepan
1 small bowl
1 measuring cup
1 large plate
1. Attach the yellow Pucchin cap at the bottom of the Purin container securely.
2. Put 2 bags of pudding powder in a large pot (over 2L).
3. Add about 100ml milk and mix with a spatula until smooth.
4. Add the rest of the milk little by little and mix well.
5. Heat the pot over high until boiling (stirring constantly). At the same time, make the caramel sauce.
6. Put water in a small saucepan, place 2 bags of caramel sauce, and begin to heat. When it comes to a boil, turn down to low and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stop the heat and leave them in the hot water to keep them warm.
8. When the pudding mixture comes to a boil, turn down to low, stir constantly for a minute, and stop the heat.
9. Place the pot over a pot of water, stir constantly for a minute until warm (when the bubbles fade and a thin layer of pudding sticks to the sides of the pot).
10. Use a ladle and put the pudding mixture in the Purin container.
11. Open and put the caramel sauce in a small bowl.
12. Pour the sauce into the center of the Purin container. The first half fast and the latter half slowly.
13. Cover and put in a large pot of water for about 30 minutes until lukewarm.
14. Put in the fridge (5C=41F) and let it cool for 8 hours.
15. Uncover and place a large plate on top.
16. Flip it over quickly.
17. Break the small plastic knob of the cap (the air slowly pushes out the pudding).
18. Done!!! Decorate the pudding with your favorite toppings: cream, fruits, etc…
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Monday, May 27, 2013
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
Have you seen the movie Ponyo (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTZffjrTR1M This video will show you how ...
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...