This Pucchin Purin is 10 times larger than the regular one. It weighs about 1kg (2.2lb.)! WoW
Pucchin Purin is a very popular custard pudding in Japan which everyone has once tried in childhood.
Recently, it was officially recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the best selling pudding in the world
Well… as I just wrote, it is something that people feel a longing for, so don't expect an authentic flan or pudding taste from this product. LOL
BUT, I found this homemade one tastes way better and more delicious than the actual product sold at stores :) It was pretty addictive! Yummy!!!
I bought this kit online (currently not available. sorry)
You can get a refill kit, too!
I wondered why can't we just open the yellow cap instead of breaking it. BUT maybe it is to enjoy "Pucchin" which means "to break the small plastic knob of its container". hehe
By making a small hole at the bottom of the container, the pudding slowly slides out from the container onto a plate :)
FYI: the Fish T-Shirt he wore
Glico Homemade Pucchin Purin
Time: 1hr + 8hrs cooling time
Calories per kit: about 1170Kcal
What comes in the kit:
2 bags pudding powder
2 bags caramel sauce
yellow Pucchin cap
What you need:
1L (1000ml) regular milk
1 large pot (over 2L)
1 large bowl or pot (that you can put in the Purin container)
1 small saucepan
1 small bowl
1 measuring cup
1 large plate
1. Attach the yellow Pucchin cap at the bottom of the Purin container securely.
2. Put 2 bags of pudding powder in a large pot (over 2L).
3. Add about 100ml milk and mix with a spatula until smooth.
4. Add the rest of the milk little by little and mix well.
5. Heat the pot over high until boiling (stirring constantly). At the same time, make the caramel sauce.
6. Put water in a small saucepan, place 2 bags of caramel sauce, and begin to heat. When it comes to a boil, turn down to low and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stop the heat and leave them in the hot water to keep them warm.
8. When the pudding mixture comes to a boil, turn down to low, stir constantly for a minute, and stop the heat.
9. Place the pot over a pot of water, stir constantly for a minute until warm (when the bubbles fade and a thin layer of pudding sticks to the sides of the pot).
10. Use a ladle and put the pudding mixture in the Purin container.
11. Open and put the caramel sauce in a small bowl.
12. Pour the sauce into the center of the Purin container. The first half fast and the latter half slowly.
13. Cover and put in a large pot of water for about 30 minutes until lukewarm.
14. Put in the fridge (5C=41F) and let it cool for 8 hours.
15. Uncover and place a large plate on top.
16. Flip it over quickly.
17. Break the small plastic knob of the cap (the air slowly pushes out the pudding).
18. Done!!! Decorate the pudding with your favorite toppings: cream, fruits, etc…
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
The broadcast is now on NHK's website :) http://doga.nhk.or.jp/doga/viewvideo.jspx?Movie=48411824/48411824peevee580775.flv ♥Please ...
Dango is Japanese sweet dumplings. Three or four Dango are often served on a skewer, which we call Kushi Dango (串だんご). http://www.youtub...
Tokyo Banana (東京ばな奈) is a very popular banana flavored sweet, often considered to be the #1 souvenir from Tokyo. I never thought of making...
Moist and fluffy cupcakes with custard whipped cream filling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgWKARYqOnE I received a lot of requests f...
I started using Instagram and I love it :D I always take pics out of habit but not sharing anywhere, so this app is perfect to share suc...
For those who have requested me the Japanese Cheesecake, this is the easiest recipe! Worth to try it out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
I didn't feeling like eating buns, so I made brownies instead =D It turned out pretty good♥ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-OlX3KC...
A cute Korean song by Hari (하리)! This video is not related to cooking, so it is unlisted (those who know the link can watch). hehe 韓国やタイ...
Roll Cake is a type of sponge cake roll. In Japan, we call it "Roll Cake" but in some other countries people call it Swiss roll or...
I receive many questions regarding the Cake Flour I use, so here is the answer! Cake Flour, we call 薄力粉 (Hakurikiko), is soft (weak) wheat...