This Pucchin Purin is 10 times larger than the regular one. It weighs about 1kg (2.2lb.)! WoW
Pucchin Purin is a very popular custard pudding in Japan which everyone has once tried in childhood.
Recently, it was officially recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the best selling pudding in the world
Well… as I just wrote, it is something that people feel a longing for, so don't expect an authentic flan or pudding taste from this product. LOL
BUT, I found this homemade one tastes way better and more delicious than the actual product sold at stores :) It was pretty addictive! Yummy!!!
I bought this kit online (currently not available. sorry)
You can get a refill kit, too!
I wondered why can't we just open the yellow cap instead of breaking it. BUT maybe it is to enjoy "Pucchin" which means "to break the small plastic knob of its container". hehe
By making a small hole at the bottom of the container, the pudding slowly slides out from the container onto a plate :)
FYI: the Fish T-Shirt he wore
Glico Homemade Pucchin Purin
Time: 1hr + 8hrs cooling time
Calories per kit: about 1170Kcal
What comes in the kit:
2 bags pudding powder
2 bags caramel sauce
yellow Pucchin cap
What you need:
1L (1000ml) regular milk
1 large pot (over 2L)
1 large bowl or pot (that you can put in the Purin container)
1 small saucepan
1 small bowl
1 measuring cup
1 large plate
1. Attach the yellow Pucchin cap at the bottom of the Purin container securely.
2. Put 2 bags of pudding powder in a large pot (over 2L).
3. Add about 100ml milk and mix with a spatula until smooth.
4. Add the rest of the milk little by little and mix well.
5. Heat the pot over high until boiling (stirring constantly). At the same time, make the caramel sauce.
6. Put water in a small saucepan, place 2 bags of caramel sauce, and begin to heat. When it comes to a boil, turn down to low and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stop the heat and leave them in the hot water to keep them warm.
8. When the pudding mixture comes to a boil, turn down to low, stir constantly for a minute, and stop the heat.
9. Place the pot over a pot of water, stir constantly for a minute until warm (when the bubbles fade and a thin layer of pudding sticks to the sides of the pot).
10. Use a ladle and put the pudding mixture in the Purin container.
11. Open and put the caramel sauce in a small bowl.
12. Pour the sauce into the center of the Purin container. The first half fast and the latter half slowly.
13. Cover and put in a large pot of water for about 30 minutes until lukewarm.
14. Put in the fridge (5C=41F) and let it cool for 8 hours.
15. Uncover and place a large plate on top.
16. Flip it over quickly.
17. Break the small plastic knob of the cap (the air slowly pushes out the pudding).
18. Done!!! Decorate the pudding with your favorite toppings: cream, fruits, etc…
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
FYI: 授かりアート ベリーペイント (Sazukari Art Belly Painting): http://ameblo.jp/sazukariart/entry-11940225303.html ♥Please Subscribe to m...
Kabocha melts in your mouth. yummy!!! Compared to the regular flan (pudding), the texture is firmer, so you can cut and serve like a cake!...
Shortcake (Shotokeki) is a Japanese layered sponge cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Instead of baking sponge cake, I baked plain...
Instead of using Marron cream, I used sweet potato. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-jM6A5dKi4 Budget-friendly large group dessert rec...
Just mix in a bowl, and bake!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXZ84x7daEY Super easy idea, perfect for Valentine's day ;) ---...
Miso simmered eggplant is a popular dish in Japan. I arranged it for Halloween ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLoFMtyJ_FM Without a...
Very easy and cute Halloween recipe idea even kids can help to make them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmO97CDToQ Temari-Zushi (ball...
Stuffed green pepper is called "ピーマンの肉詰め: Piiman no Nikuzume" in Japanese and it is a very popular Japanese home-cooked dish! h...
Perfect for those who want to eat both Yakiniku and Gyoza ;) One of my Easy Lifesaver recipe!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIXkgmfHw...
Matsutake Gohan is a very simple rice dish to enjoy the flavor of Matsutake mushrooms! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbxEjX3mVXk Mats...