Nikuman or Butaman is steamed pork buns.
I know not all of you have a steamer, and I know you want the easiest recipe, so here you go ;)
This Nikuman is absolutely delicious with fluffy buns and crunchy bottoms!!!
Super Easy Nikuman (Steamed Pork Buns) using a frying pan
Difficulty: Super Easy
Number of servings: 8
* 200g (7oz.) cake flour *I think all purpose flour is OK
* 1 tbsp. baking powder
* 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
* 100ml milk *water is OK
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* 100g (3.5oz.) ground pork
* 4inch (10cm) chopped long onion
* 1 tbsp. sake
* 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
* 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
* 1/2 tsp. sugar
* 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
* 4 chopped Chinese chives
* salt and pepper
Karashi (Japanese mustard) if you like
1. Sift A in a bowl. Add B and use your hand to knead together until formed. Then form the dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap. Leave to set for 20 minutes.
2. In a different bowl, mix C by hand (hand is better but using a spoon is okay) until all ingredients are combined and smooth. Then divide into 8.
3. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces using a bench scraper or a knife. Flatten out the dough with a rolling pin. Place the filling, pull and pinch the dough to seal like making a dumpling. (You can put water along the edge of the dough if it is too dry to seal.)
4. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Place the buns, then cook on medium for 1 minute. Add 180ml water, cover and steam the buns on med-low for 8~9 minutes until cooked.
5. Uncover, add a dash of sesame oil, and cook on high heat until the water is gone and crisp.
♥Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel♥
♥Please "Like" me on Facebook♥
♥Follow me on twitter♥
Popular Posts - Last 7 days
You just need 6 ingredients ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzugYxNMD4Y By using cocoa powder instead of Matcha powder, you can make...
Sesame Seed Balls (芝麻球) are a Chinese sweet treat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwHovGOSMc Instead of deep-frying them I baked in t...
Only 3 Ingredients!!! Looks and tastes refreshing ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8PMzIeEaY Perfect summer treat. And sure, you ...
Chawanmushi, literally "steamed in a tea cup", is a traditional Japanese savory egg custard appetizer with some little pieces of f...
As seen in Anime or Manga?! I received many requests for this recipe. hehehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cA4VN_ywfo You can drink ...
Very moist and tasty chicken nuggets which satisfies you while on diet :D Okara (soy pulp) is a bean curd refuse which is left after makin...
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZltUWKYwxg Instea...
Perfect Christmas cake recipe for those who don't have an oven. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hwcu1K5SE Please use your favorite...
Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuits) are very popular snack in Japan, especially among kids (from 7 month babies to toddlers)! https://www.youtube....
Simple yet delicious. Don't you have an experience selecting hard unripe avocado even if you have examined it carefully?! This is the ...